Senior Backend Software Engineer – Python (m/f/d) // Vimcar
As one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS startups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to reduce operational cost for fleets.
Vimcar already has connected 70,000+ cars (including customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn, Ford and Adecco) and raised €18m+ from renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 100 employees from 15+ countries are working on our mission to build Europe´s leading fleet tech company.
Senior Backend Software Engineer – Python (m/f/d)
- Department: Tech
- Reporting Line: Tech Lead
- Working Hours: Full-Time / Part-Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Berlin Kreuzberg
- Required Languages: English (C1+)
You are a backend engineer, passionate about designing APIs and distributed systems. In this role, you are an essential part of one of our cross-functional development teams and support us in crafting cutting-edge, cloud-based applications within our high-load event-based connected fleet ecosystem.
- Within your team, you maintain and evolve our growing web-applications to provide the best possible UX while we quickly grow our user base.
- In collaboration with frontend developers, you design and evolve RESTful APIs, which serve our mobile and web clients as well as external partners.
- You deploy code to production, relying on our highly automated continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure.
- You share your knowledge and get involved in code reviews.
THE TECH STACK
- Most of our applications are written in Python, based on proven frameworks and platforms like Flask & Celery.
- We focus on the application layer! Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS or Kinesis.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Data goes where it is handled most efficiently. We rely on PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Around 5 years of experience in building and operating web applications
- Extensive professional experience with common backend technologies, including Python and frameworks such as Flask, AIOHTTP, Celery & Django (or similar)
- Experience with scalable applications and the concepts of service-oriented or microservices architectures
- Experience with different data structures, both “with” and “with No” SQL
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with AWS (or any other Cloud provider)
- You show initiative & ownership in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Full English proficiency
- [BONUS] Experience with event based systems and data streams
- [BONUS] Experience with CQRS, DDD, and Event Sourcing
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through its most exciting growth period with significant VC backing. We established a subscription business model centred around complex products within the evolving B2B SaaS industry.
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Modern tech stack solving complex user problems
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club
Sounds like you? Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form. Reach out to [email protected] if you have any question – we’re happy to help.