Senior Big Data Engineer *
Work in Berlin for one of the world`s largest games websites and excite more than 80 million users.
GameDuell`s system landscape consists of two larger game platforms which produce a constant stream of messages for processing in our data and analysis environment. This data is integrated, processed, and made available to a variety of data-driven teams, such as Business Intelligence, Product Analysis, Marketing, Customer Service, etc. in an adequate manner.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer at GameDuell, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our Big Data infrastructure, understanding and fulfilling the needs of both business and technical teams for data, as well as serving as an interface between these teams.
- Build, maintain, and optimize the current Big Data infrastructure (on GCP)
- Real-time and batch data processing and aggregation
- Automation and job scheduling
- Design and extension of data models
- Database performance analysis, tuning, and monitoring
- Effectively drive cross-team solutions
What we expect
- Completed university degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in the design and development of databases, as well as experience with Cloud environments (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Profound knowledge of noSQL and SQL databases, and technologies including BigQuery, Hive, BigTable/HBase, Hadoop, PostgreSQL
- Excellent core competencies in JAVA
- Very good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, software design principles, test driven development, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience with the usage of Apache Beam and Kafka is desired, experience with Spark or Flink would also be valuable
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment with an Agile mindset
What we offer
- Demanding tasks and new challenges
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our well-situated office in Mitte! (with perks like fruit, drinks, pool and table tennis tables, a sunny roof terrace, and much more)
- Exciting possibilities for your personal development
- A great, performance oriented, friendly and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- Relocation support (with company apartment, relocation agency, visa handling, etc.)
- Flexible work hours
- Timeframe: Immediately, full time
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” which implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
If you are up for the challenge, then say “hello” to our recruiter Stefan!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete and detailed application including salary expectations and earliest possible start date as PDF with the subject line ‘Senior Big Data Engineer*’.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.