Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst – Edtech (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in our Berlin, Germany office.
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for a curious and experienced data analyst to help us translate complex user data, both quantitative and qualitative, into usable insights for teams across the organisation. You will report to Director level and will be part of an exciting company journey.
We are a startup with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning, making data more accessible for teams across the organization, and working in an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
Mission as a Data Analyst:
- Lead requirements gathering, planning, and development efforts for data projects throughout the organization involving marketing, student, and mentor data
- Work with stakeholders to understand their information needs and ensure that the solutions provided will be flexible as needs change
- Assist stakeholders with ad hoc analyses and design and build automated dashboards and other reports that will help stakeholders make effective decisions
- Conduct exploratory research to identify potential issues or areas for improvement
- Clearly present insights and findings to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Serve as a contact point for information regarding our data and translate between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Prioritize incoming requests for data from different stakeholders around the organization according to need and business value
- Assist with the creation of metrics such as OKRs and create short- and long-term approaches to monitor this data
- Provide insights and actionable insights regarding financial data to help us achieve our financial targets
- Identify issues with data quality and work with engineering to plan approaches to resolve these issues
- Work with engineering to filter, organize, standardize, and clean our existing data
- Coordinate with our engineering team on deliverables and collaborate on data strategy for the organization
- BA/BSc in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, and Economics preferred OR relevant work experience
- 3-4 years’ experience as a data analyst
- Strong SQL skills with experience in querying complex data sets
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working with complex and ambiguous problems
- Desire to collaborate closely with others skills and ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to a variety of stakeholders at different levels of the organization
- Ability to manage projects and timelines independently and accurately scope work
- Comfortable communicating in English, our working language
- Experience working with BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization frameworks like Google Data Studio or SuperSet
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with agile, scrum, and other project management methodologies
- Experience working with goal-setting frameworks like OKRs
- Advanced knowledge in statistical tools and financial analysis
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for the role, as well as a link to your portfolio.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and working-from-home days
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
Our bootcamp-style courses in Web Development, Data Analysis, UX Design, and UI Design have been built to get students a new job or level up in their careers. We’re proud to have one of the world’s most engaged communities of mentors and students, which is the key for the motivation, depth of learning, and career success of our students.
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.