Senior Data Engineer for Team Data Platform (f/m) at solarisBank AG // solarisBank
solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Tech as a team together with Product are the agile heartbeat of the company and as engineers we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straight forward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way. The products we deliver are resilient, scalable and performant.
The Data Platform team provides the foundation and infrastructure for everyone at solarisBank to build analytical and data-centric tools to turn data into knowledge in order to take data driven decisions. We keep the pipelines running that fuel all the analytics and reporting endeavours throughout the company.
Our technology stack includes AWS services (S3, Kinesis, …), Go- and Python-based services, Docker, Terraform, and much more. Services at solarisBank are tested end-2-end, monitored, containerized and continuously deployed.
- You work in the Data Platform team of solarisBank Tech and initially report to the Head of Engineering
- You design, develop, and operate the pipelines that ingest data from different sources and make it available to our BI analysts and data scientists
- You optimize systems for performance and reliability and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You take responsibility for and shape the overall architecture of the platform
- You take ownership of specific components and continuously work to improve them
- As a Senior Developer, you are part of a team of ambitious engineers and as a peer you coach them to learn from you
- You’re comfortable working with diverse set of programming languages and runtimes, in particular Go or Python
- You always make sure your code is well-tested in an automated manner
- You love to automate repetitive tasks and value reproducibility
- You have built scalable, simple and reliable data systems
- You have experience with distributed systems technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, …
- You have experience with data serialization formats such as Avro and Parquet
- You gathered relevant work experience as a data or software engineer in a dynamic company environment
- You’re have experience working with AWS Cloud services in the Big Data sphere (Kinesis, DynamoDB, EMR, …)
- You have an agile and lean mindset and take end-2-end responsibility
- You feel comfortable in working within solarisBank’s overall Tech Stack: Ruby, Grape, Golang, Elixir, Phoenix, React.js, AWS, Docker, Mircoservices
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- You have at least one hobby besides coding
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We’re a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It’s an exclusive combination you’ll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We’re growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.