Senior Data Engineer m/f/d (Berlin, full-time)
- Creating, enriching and monitoring new and current data models.
- Monitoring and improving our daily ETL processes
- Connecting new data sources to the data warehouse
- Making data available to data-driven teams via Looker (our BI visualisation tool) or occasionally flat files
- Administrating of our BI tech stack (Snowflake, Looker, Matillion, Snowplow)
- Analyzing and improving query runtime
- Supporting our analyst by providing needed ad-hoc data
- Successfully completed a degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field
- Several years of experience in a data engineering role
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python
- Proficient in Snowflake or another cloud data warehouse solution
- Easily able to connect external sources via custom-written API connections (REST/SOAP)
- Great team player that collaborates with co-workers but also challenges the status quo and confidently expresses their own ideas
- Result-driven and detail-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
MORE THAN A JOB
Our renovated factory-floor office is flooded with light, filled with plants, and sits on the border of Mitte and Kreuzberg—just a stone’s throw away from the river Spree and Markthalle Neun. We have an open feedback culture with biannual appraisals while offering internal training and workshops for personal and professional development. Due to the ongoing Corona situation, we are currently working remotely, but with lots of engagement between teams—for work and fun—and we are doing as much as we can to support our colleagues as the situation develops.
Our international team is made up of 27 nationalities and proudly boasts two dogs—English is our lingua franca, but you’ll hear lots of languages (and the odd woof) around the office. Our kitchen sports a fridge stocked with beer and wine for after-work wind-down time and random moments of celebration. In addition to enjoying a 30% discount on all JUNIQE art, our employees also benefit from a range of partnerships including reduced membership at the Urban Sports Club.
Did this speak to you? Send a cover letter including your desired starting date and salary indication, along with your CV.