Senior Data Engineer – Retail Operations // Zalando SE
As a Data Engineer in the Retail Operations Data Products team, you\\\’ll work with Data Scientists, Backend and Research Engineers to build data-driven products that help Zalando place the right orders for the right articles. Having successfully launched our Sizing decision support product, we are now taking on the challenge of moving from decision support to decision automation. This opens new opportunities and puts new requirements on our data and machine learning pipelines. Our products support our supply colleagues in making smart buying decisions when spending a budget of approximately 2-3bn EUR per year.
You will lead the development and operation of our automated data pipeline based on Spark and AWS that feeds our machine learning training and serving environment (SageMaker), as well as user applications.
For more information on our Business Unit please visit us HERE.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, development, deployment and operation of end-to-end data pipelines that include machine learning models
- Integration of a variety of data sources of varying quality and accessibility
- Automation of data cleaning and validation in ETL jobs and operational quality monitoring of results
- Automation of KPI measurements visualized in dashboards
- Automation of the machine learning training and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of experience in Python scripting and application development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud system design and architecture, including AWS and components such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience of devops, automation and CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins, Go-CD, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in setting up ETL jobs and monitoring dashboards
- Experience in deployment of data and machine learning pipelines to production using workflows such as Airflow
- Good communication skills and a desire to build products that solve user and business needs.
WHAT WE OFFER
Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 100+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from zalando.de, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.