Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a motivated Senior Data Engineer with a strong understanding of data engineering and data ops topics to join our cross-functional data engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- Build and improve the infrastructure required for high-performance and scalable ingestion, transformation and retrieval of terabytes of data from a variety of sources
- Work with a mix of structured and unstructured data across cloud-based batch- and streaming architectures
- Create and maintain data tools for business intelligence and data scientist teams which assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, upscaling of the infrastructure, etc.
- Be the link between engineering teams and our data infrastructure, which transfers the ownership of data from the individual teams to a cross-team structure
We’re looking for people with:
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Experience with Apache Spark
- 2+ years of demonstrable fluency in Terraform 0.12+, use of modules, remote statefiles, multiple providers e.g. AWS/Github/GCP
- Significant experience using AWS Cloud services and architectures, including: EC2, VPCs, AutoScaling, Load Balancing, EKS, ECS, RDS
- Exposure and involvement with Big Data/Scaled Out deployments with more than 10+ nodes
- Experience with deploying applications to containers using Docker, Docker Compose, ECS, EKS or Kubernetes (any platform)
- Experience with Relational Databases – data modelling, writing, executing and optimising queries in SQL
- Fluency in using Git
Good to have:
- Overall understanding of REST APIs, Authentication, OAuth2 and consuming third party services
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies, document querying, map reduce
- Shell scripting, ssh, ability to use linux based command line tools.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge and daily use of Pip, Maven and/or Gradle
- Knowledge and ability to use OpenAPI and Swagger tools
Why should you join Sellics? We offer:
- A talented, growing company and tech/product team
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Competitive compensation package and defined career paths
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Flexible office hours
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Remote working days
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Self Improvement Grant funding for external educational pursuits, and additional time off for professional growth
- Professional coffee-machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens
- Participation in our all-expenses paid annual company trip
Sellics is revolutionizing commerce, starting with the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon. From starting as a group of friends with targeted business insights and under €2,000 in self-invested startup capital, we’ve transformed into the force we are today: a profitable and funded Scale-Up company providing data-driven and Ai-powered B2B SaaS solutions to help Sellers, Vendors, and Agencies across the world be successful on Amazon.
The secret to our success is our team, a group of more than 110 highly-engaged, intelligent, dynamic employees from over 30 countries, spread out across our offices in Berlin and New York City. We’re a pack of people who care about each other, the values we live by, and the success story we’re all helping to write.