Senior Data Scientist // Clue
Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
About the role
- Our users trust us with their most personal data. Help us to deliver meaningful personal health insights in return.
- Conceptualize, build and improve our diagnostic and prediction models.
- Run user surveys together with our product team to help us understand our user needs on a qualitative and quantitative level.
Create insights for our users
- Create ideas for new data-based personalized health insights.
- Contribute ideas for new ways to visualize the user data.
Build and improve prediction models
- Find new ways to provide user value by using predictive or diagnostic models.
- Improve our existing models for period and cycle-related symptom prediction.
Own data quality
- Run analyses on our user data to find problems with data quality.
Understand our user’s needs
- Plan and analyze surveys to help us better understand our user’s needs.
Spread the knowledge
- Run analyses on user data and write about it for our content hub helloclue.com
- You have profound experience in building data driven product features for digital businesses
- You have practical experience in building predictive statistical and machine learning models
- You have deep quantitative expertise. You are intimately familiar with probability theory, statistics, calculus and optimization.
- You have worked in high-change, fast-paced, self-driven startup environments
- You have strong SQL and Python or R skills
- You are passionate about female and digital health. You are values-based and mission-driven. You get Clue’s mission and you have a desire to contribute to its global success.
- You have a good understanding of mobile app user experiences
- You are curious and you like to solve problems
- Great analytical and statistical thinking
- You have attention to detail and strong desire to ensure data quality
- Hands on, with a natural sense of user-centered urgency.
- Great personal initiative and self-starter mentality; you have the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- No need to be a German speaker. English is the language of the business at Clue, and commonly spoken in Berlin. The team is very international and if you need to relocate we offer support throughout the process.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.