Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Analyze data that matters.
At ResearchGate your work will help over 20 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe, developing innovative cancer treatments or tackling global warming, our users are making a real difference.
As a Data Scientist at ResearchGate, you will work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to develop ML models to improve scientists’ productivity and connect them with other parts of the scientific ecosystem. You will support the company’s data-informed decision culture and ensure user and customer insights are integrated into our strategy and decision-making process in the right way.
Most importantly, you and the team will make an impact for 20+ million scientists around the world, who themselves have an impact on 8 billion peoples’ lives via their research.
- Develop prototype models to demonstrate the value of potential data products
- Scale prototype models to production in collaboration with Engineering and take ownership of the maintenance of your models
- Proactively identify and evaluate opportunities for data products and automation via Machine Learning models
- Define, implement, monitor and analyze key metrics to assess the performance of Machine Learning models
- Take ownership of the technical design, monitoring and evaluation of online experiments to evaluate model performance
- Evaluate the impact, risks and evaluate technical/data feasibility of potential new data products or automation initiatives in collaboration with engineering and product
- Define tracking requirements and data structures in collaboration with product management and engineering
- Help demonstrating the value of data science in product development and/or decision making within the team and product area
- 5+ years of experience in data science role
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Very strong proficiency in SQL
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong knowledge of the statistical foundations of Machine Learning
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into ML models
- You are excited about finding ways to improve our products with data and ML models
- You are comfortable working as a “full stack” data scientist, working at the interface between engineering and business
- You are excited about solving problems instead of being attached to specific solutions
- You love to work with data as much as you enjoy communicating your findings to an interested audience
- You are a strong team player and know that results come from great people working together around meaningful ideas
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with.
Our headquarters are located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world.
This is a full-time position based in either Germany or the UK. We are a digital first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.