Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission. We’re a passionate team of pragmatic optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the world of science for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our site-reliability team, ensuring that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times for researchers and scientists around the world.
Our vision for this position is a hybrid between a traditional DevOps SRE and a Senior Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will seamlessly combine a passion for software engineering with the ability and desire to improve the flexibility, scalability and operation of platform infrastructure.
- Build and operate scalable infrastructure components
- Apply software engineering solutions to solve challenging, often novel, requirements
- Investigate problems detected by our systems and work quickly to understand and resolve them
- Extend developer tooling, shared libraries, CI/CD, instrumentation and other developer-centric capabilities
- Design efficient relational and noSQL (MongoDB) database schemas
- Contribute to cross-team initiatives such as architecture, best practices & standards, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- In-depth understanding of technologies used in large-scale web deployments (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, load balancers, web servers including Nginx, Lua, caching, databases, CDN, high-availability setups)
- Capability of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with other specialist engineers
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system concepts
- A mindset to “automate the pain away”, along with knowledge of Python, Golang and/or Shell
- Experience with the following are a plus: configuration management tools, distributed storage solutions (Hadoop, Ceph, S3), Kubernetes ecosystem, PHP, infrastructure as code solutions
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users – 17+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with, so you can quickly find out if the role suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re changing science and catalyzing discovery, every day. Get to know more about our mission and what ResearchGate members are achieving by checking out our blog at https://www.researchgate.net/blog.