Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer
Let’s transform the way people travel together!
At Yilu – the first start-up founded by the Lufthansa Group – we want to change the way people travel. Our goal is to revolutionise the entire travel process, from the point of departure to the final destination, to provide customers with a connected, convenient and enjoyable experience while creating new growth opportunities for travel companies. To achieve this, we are developing a smart end-to-end travel platform that connects selected travel, mobility and service providers along the travel chain.
Join one of our self-sufficient, autonomous teams as a Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer and work alongside some super-smart people, where you are empowered to take decisions jointly. Here you will experience freedom, brain-teasing challenges and a lot of guidance and support from your colleagues at Yilu!
What this is all about
Are you dreaming about running everything inside containers? Are Kubernetes configurations your thing? Do you believe that Terraform is everything chef, puppet, ansible and the rest, never was? Are you a fan of infrastructure as code? Are you frustrated when people mix monitoring with observability?
If your answer is yes, we would like to hear from you!
What you’ll be working on
- Transform Yilu’s platform to a fully observable system;
- Design, develop and apply automated workflows for infrastructure management;
- Maintain and enhance our Kubernetes environments;
- Secure and monitor the platform;
- Apply best practices and latest developments on monitoring and observability;
- Own your work, from development to production;
- Create an SRE mindset across the whole organization.
What you’ll bring along
- 5 years experience on AWS hosted infrastructures;
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization;
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, familiarity with similar toolsets;
- Solid programming experience with at least two out of Java, Go, Python, Ruby;
- Experience with big data infrastructures, data pipelines, and related technologies is a huge plus.
What’s in it for you
- Essential role in our smart, motivated and creative team with colleagues from all over the world;
- The chance to impact the success of our constantly growing start-up that is an independent company within the Lufthansa Group;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with flat hierarchies and a high degree of freedom;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- A yearly personal development budget for training professional growth;
- 30 days of annual holiday as well as flexible hours and working from home policy;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with amazing restaurants and great transport connections;
- Competitive compensation combined with perks like an Urban Sports Club membership or a Ticket Plus card, company events as well as free snacks and drinks;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!
Yilu is an independent company within the Lufthansa Group. Since 2018, we are working in our Berlin-based headquarters with a fast-growing team. Now, we are looking for you as an addition to our team! If we’ve aroused your interest and you want to transform the way people travel with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job!
Yilu is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, colour, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.