McMakler is a full-service real estate company active in Germany, Austria and France. We are the fastest growing hybrid broker with the highest brand awareness in Germany. We break down outdated structures and combine tradition with innovation to establish the real estate market in the age of digitalization and enhance it sustainably in terms of quality and efficiency. Through our one-stop shop real estate broker service, we combine state-of-the-art technologies with the individual service of the classic broker. Headquartered in Berlin, we work hand in hand with over 400 of our own real estate agents at over 20 locations.
We are a team that has long passed the “hit or miss” days of a fledgling start-up company. We are working on something really big (don’t take our word for it, just look at who has invested in McMakler so far) and we strongly believe in doing so with the smartest minds, best technology, and a heart for prop tech.
Insights about our engineering team:
McMakler currently boasts a team of 50 engineering professionals including development, product, design and QA. In our agile Scrum set-up, we follow a Spotify-inspired organizational structure in order to allow our engineers to take ownership of the entire development life cycle regardless of what discipline they are in. Each product team, which we call ‘Chapters’, consists of around 8 specialists, including Back End as well as Front End Developers, one Product Owner, Scrum Master, and QA Specialists alongside UX/UI Designers. This way, the interdisciplinary cooperation and coordination facilitates an autonomous working environment where each team member has the chance to grow with a high degree of freedom.
As Senior Front End Developer with in-depth experience building modern applications with React, you take ownership over the entire software development lifecycle from writing code, testing to deployment and delivery. In this role, your primary focus is to develop Front End applications that are highly accessible and maintainable, and will also have designed and implemented well-structured and reliable APIs in a complex problem domain.
You will also…
- optimize cross browser compatibility, and implement best practices to deliver cross browser stable applications
- analyze the existing systems and continuously improve the application architecture, for example through proactive code reviews
- use your in-depth knowledge of debugging and maintaining our React applications
- contribute to the future-ready, high quality, performant and testable code base of McMakler
- work alongside our QA experts and implement new testing strategies (e2e, unit and integration testing)
- contribute your own ideas and participate in decision making within the team
Education and Experience
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- You have in-depth knowledge about React, Hooks, as well as React design patterns and architectures
- Writing unit tests runs in your blood
- You are familiar with Server Side Rendering and NextJS
- You have prior experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Material-UI is a plus
- Fluent English, German is a plus
- You will become a part of a highly motivated and international team
- You gain the unique opportunity to experience and shape the setup of one of the fastest growing companies in Germany
- You will work with the latest technologies and influence technological decisions
- You can grow with a high degree of freedom using resources like coaching and book clubs
- We provide all of the technical equipment of your choice
- The office provides fruit, snacks, and ginger shots throughout the day
- Team events from virtual escape rooms to hackathons are part of our internal incentives to continuously grow team spirit and simply have fun together
Sounds great? Then join McMakler and become a part of our success story as we revolutionize the real estate market.