Senior Frontend Engineer
Based in Berlin and backed by BEUMER Group, Airsiders is a travel-tech company offering a suite of software products for the travel industry to enable passengers to connect seamlessly between any airline at any airport. Packed with exciting features, Airsiders’ software and hardware solutions solve long-overdue passenger pain points facilitating a new era of travel.
Our team is a diverse group of like-minded individuals who have fun while working towards our goals. Together we enjoy cultural events, team outings, and celebrating our successes (currently mostly all virtual due to COVID-19). We believe that learning never stops, and we help each other get better. You’ll get the autonomy, mentorship, and training you need to excel at what you do.
We are looking for a great senior front-end developer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux, Next.js)
- Experience with AWS specially static hosting Cloudfront, S3 and Cloudwatch
- Experience with automated CI tooling. (travis, jenkins, terraform, cloudformation)
- Knowledge and experience in Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tool using GIT