Front-End Developer – Mid/Senior
🖖 Who We Are
Prospr is helping frontline employees (think baristas, gym trainers, hair stylists, nurses, and waiters) keep in touch, manage their schedules, track workplace issues, and stay on top of training all while becoming more connected members of their teams. We’re Slack, Trello, JIRA, Google Drive, Confluence and more for people who don’t work behind a desk.
We’ve just closed a $3.2M Series Seed led by Bonfire Ventures, Quiet Capital and Animo and are already trusted by well-known international brands including Dunkin Donuts, 1-800-GOT-JUNK and New York Sports Clubs (NYSC)
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to empower frontline workers worldwide.
🤖 The Tech
Node.js, React, React Native, Firebase, Socket.io, Redis, MySQL, AWS
We’ll look to integrate new tech when it demonstrably improves developer or end-user experience, velocity, stability and/or security.
😬 What Awaits
We’ve gotten impressively far on a dream and a badass MVP. Now we need you to help us turn this into robust, well-designed, stable and scalable enterprise-grade software. You’ll use your passion for beautiful, efficient, and idiomatic code, your curiosity and your tendency toward obsessiveness to produce a product that you’re proud of. When you’re not coding, you’ll be sharing your hobbies, interests and knowledge with the rest of us – contributing to an environment that’s always buzzing with intellectual curiosity and excitement.
You will be more than just another developer – you’ll be a founding employee. You’ll play a defining part in shaping the culture and future of Prospr. This is a rare opportunity to build the company you want to work for from the ground up. We’re expanding from a couple of founders, to a full-fledged tech team by the end of 2021. If you want a truly fast-paced startup experience, where every person plays a critical role, this adventure is for you.
👩💻 The Role
We’re looking for a truly full-stack engineer, but we believe some people have more interest and stronger skills in frontend and others in backend. For this specific role, we will favor profiles with more robust frontend experience.
Working With Us
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, development, refinement, documentation and maintenance.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our systems elegant and productivity high.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- You’ll gain ownership and domain expertise over part of the codebase, and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and best practices.
- You will review code from your peers.
- You will mentor more junior developers.
- You will have the option of contributing to our team blog.
- You will collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience
- You have Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production; experience with SaaS/B2B products a plus
- Advanced knowledge of React, Redux, Socket.io, HTML5 and CSS3/SCSS, and WebPack
- Familiarity with React Native, Firebase and developing for mobile a big plus
- Meticulous mindset, but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs and balancing business with technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Fluent in English (no German required)
🙌 Why Work With Us
- The best tools: MacBook Pro, 34” UltraWide Monitor, Beats Headphones
- Learning Budget: EUR 3.000 / year
- Urban Sports Club Membership
- Monthly BVG Ticket
- Annual Team Retreat
- Competitive Salary: €70k – €85k
- Equity Participation
- Flexible Work Policy
How To Apply
If you feel like you might enjoy joining this adventure, and you feel confident that you’d be a strong contributor, we want nothing more than to hear from you. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of one or more marginalized groups, for example if you are a person of color, neurodiverse, a wom*n, non-binary or otherwise gender non-conforming, and/or a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
🥳 🥳 No Take-Home Coding Tasks ! 👨💻 🤢
Please send us your CV, and optionally anything else that tells us more about you and your skills, such as a link to a code repository or your personal website. Don’t worry about writing a cover letter – we think your work and experience speak for themselves.