Senior Full Stack Developer // babelforce
Do you want to influence the core in a powerful communications platform? We want to add an experienced dev ops engineer as a core team contributor. If you want to work in a great team on creating massively scalable communications solutions, then this will be perfect for you. Do you want to influence the core in a powerful communications platform?
We want to add an experienced Senior full stack engineer / Java Back-end Developer as a core team contributor. If you want to work in a great team on creating massively scalable communications solutions, then this will be perfect for you.
The background and the role:
babelforce operates a successful B2B platform that has customers across the world. The platform is now entering its next phase of expansion and we want to add a core technical team member to drive further product development. You will be working on a B2B platform that allows businesses to create and manage communications processes. It is a very disruptive offering that dramatically reduces the cost to companies compared to the traditional vendors in the sector, while at the same time offering unprecedented flexibility. The latter part is where you come in: we get super excited about finding the perfect and most elegant architecture and implementation for big problems in queuing, messaging, distributed deployment, real-time media delivery – the big ones!
You will definitely need to have:
- at least 5 years experience in software development
- contributed to developing highly-scalable API and messaging based solutions
- ability to be decisive in forming product and technical strategy – particularly in architecture decisions
Some of the tasks you will be responsible for:
- Extending our Core-API working with Java, Grails Framework & Groovy
- Developing asynchronous Real-Time Systems and Applications with Apache Camel and other Messaging Frameworks
- Managing our Persistence Layer with Grails, Hibernate, MariaDB and MongoDB
- Unit- and Integration Testing of Core Components using http://spockframework.org/
- Design & Develop multiple microservice applications using our own and 3rd-Party APIs
- Building, Testing & Deploying NodeJS microservices for our Staging and Production Environment with the use of Docker and a modern CI Toolset.
- Working with Jira, Git & Gitlab and planning and realising releases in an Team.
- Taking responsibility for a full application development cycle and coordination in your team
Some specific skills that would be useful:
- Experience in EIPs, Message Queues (ActiveMQ, JMS, Apache Camel)
- Experience in concurrent high traffic systems
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Very good english is vital
- Great communication skills, and the ability to juggle all kinds of different needs and constraints across a range of product areas
Some particular skills and tools that you should ideally know well:
- Groovy & Grails, Java
- TDD: JUnit, Spock, jest, karma
- MySQL & MongoDB
- Application Servers: Nginx, express, Tomcat, Jetty
- Orchestration with Ansible, Puppet or Salt
- Docker & Container Virtualization in general
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Jira
- Git, unix shell, Linux
What we offer:
- Once in a lifetime chance to be a leading contributor in a high impact B2B product
- Opportunity to take part in the global expansion of a powerful business platform
- Great culture and supportive team
- Open environment where you have scope to not only influence but shape the product direction
Come and build beautiful code with us. And have fun doing it!
Email us your CV to [email protected]
Please put the this text in the subject of your email “Senior Full Stack Developer”