Senior Full-Stack Engineer
ELEMENT Insurance AG is a product factory for insurance and a leader in insurance digitalisation. We supply our partners from various industries – both from an insurer, as well as a non-insurer background – with in-house underwritten insurance products, which they market under their own brand. Our modular insurance platform enables us to tailor-fit and supply these non-life insurance products in record speed.
Our diverse team with over 25 nationalities combines the expertise of the worlds of insurance and technology. At ELEMENT, we live an agile and empowering company culture to work on ‘the insurance of tomorrow’.
To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Sr. Full-Stack Engineer (m/f/div) to join our cross-functional software development team. The policy lifecycle team is forging the heart of the contract management of the company. We are working closely with both the policy operators as well as with the business stakeholders to evolve our platform to an automated insurance factory. Our ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to pioneer innovation within a long-standing monotonous industry.
What will keep you challenged?
- Working within one of our cross-functional teams of T-shaped Software Developers, Product Managers, Designers and Industry Specialists
- Implementing complex business requirements with several up- and downstreams of data
- Designing and developing backend (Java/Spring) and frontend (React/Node) services using Jenkins on AWS infrastructure
- Applying DevOps/NoOps principles in an immutable infrastructure/infrastructure-as-a-code environment
- Collaborating with our international team of highly skilled technical experts
What will make you succeed?
- Strong proficiency in Java programming with Spring Boot
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies; XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Proficiency in running software on AWS infrastructure
- Strong motivation for clean code, including mob pairing sessions and test-driven development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Readiness to take ownership over the whole development circle
- A pragmatic and efficient personality; delivering high quality work whilst keeping business values in mind
- Flexibility towards change, responding quickly and effectively to constructive feedback
- Ability to inspire others through actions
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- An excitement for learning a lot of new stuff
Bonus Points For:
- Strong comprehension of DevOps/NoOps principles
- Experience with running infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Experience in contract handling software
- Insurance industry experience
- The opportunity to be part of a driven and diverse team which is creating a measurable impact on the future of insurance
- An open and welcoming company culture, empowering you to freely grow and develop
- We openly share our knowledge – we are a mix of insurance experts, technology specialists and experienced entrepreneurs
- We have a dedicated onboarding process, enabling you to quickly thrive at ELEMENT
- A direct influence on our company and our products – we value your ideas and your input
- Plenty of perks including a benefits package, choice of computer, drinks and snacks, language classes, company-wide networking events and outings