Senior iOS Engineer // Clue
Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
We’re looking for someone with strong coding skills and a collaborative nature. We work in iterations with an informal agile approach, using Github as our collaboration platform. You will be part of a well-functioning and diverse team. We value friendliness, quality and seeing that you care about what we’re building.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional Clue development team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write automated tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on application stability and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize our development team efficiency.
- Solid knowledge of the iOS SDK and its latest releases.
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and best practices.
- Experience working with System Frameworks. Primarily: Core Data.
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Able to write multi-threaded and asynchronous code.
- Experience in managing the Apple certification/provisioning and App Store delivery process.
- Version control with Git using common branching and merging workflows.
- You have experience working in collaborative teams, and understand the benefits of sharing knowledge via pair programming and code reviews.
- Bonus: test-driven development experience, knowledge of CI systems (Jenkins), dependency management knowledge
- Bonus: experience building apps for watchOS
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.