Senior iOS Engineer (f,m,d)
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone — and then scale it up!
We are a team of mission-driven designers, engineers, and changemakers with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. This year we will launch our solution to empower millions to act as one united force for the planet.
We are right now looking for an experienced developer to join our team. With multiple best-in-class iOS products on the team record, we’re looking for top talent to match this high standard and push things even further together. The ability to work fully self-sufficient in a rapidly changing environment is equally core to the position as adjusting roles through the company’s life cycle.
What we offer
- Ownership of a product with social impact and global reach.
- Competitive salary and equity package
- High degree of autonomy
- State of the art work station… you tell us what you need!
- Free gym membership, metro ticket, and compensation of your personal CO2 footprint
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment
- Relocation assistance
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team
- These are the early days — your input will make a real difference!
Once here, you will
- help build our first iOS version and take ownership of iOS development as we scale.
- collaborate on architecture design and shape our iOS ecosystem tech stack.
- work directly with the CTO, bringing your expert knowledge and well-founded opinions to the table in all platform-related design decisions.
- cooperate closely with your Android counterparts to assure cross-platform excellence.
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced iOS engineer with a demonstrable track record of shipping high-quality applications.
- You have excellent knowledge of Swift, and a good understanding of design patterns and software architectures.
- You know how to handle media playback. Experience with handling multiple video players simultaneously is a plus.
- You are passionate about pushing the envelope on great UX, and understand the role of tech in a holistic framework.
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments. When you don’t fully understand something, you take it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You believe in clear and honest communication as the basis for effective and joyful teamwork. You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity.
What our tech stack looks like
- A modern, Swift powered project without legacy code :-)
- MVVM pattern powered by Redux style data layer
- Furthermore, we work with Git, GitLab CI, Kanban, and everything that helps us get the job done.
We are committed to diversity and equity and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!
A note on Covid-19 and WFH
We want you to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic! Therefore we are currently working from home and will provide all the office equipment you need to make your home office experience as productive and enjoyable as possible.
Once everything is back to normal we are looking forward to meeting you at our beautiful office in Berlin Mitte, featuring unlimited fresh fruits, delicious coffee, and a canteen with daily veggie options. Wanna make remote working a long term thing? We’re open to discussing that too.