Senior iOS Engineer // xbird
xbird is an award-winning medical artificial intelligence company. We work collaboratively to make a difference. Our team includes doctors, dog sitters, engineers, gamers, managers, musicians, kickers, and kitesurfers. We value our diverse experiences and backgrounds.
We develop ways to use smartphones and wearables to predict and prevent health risks. Our technology captures data streams from the built-in sensors in smartphones and wearables, and translates these into activities and behavioural patterns. With this information, we are able to support the patients in their therapy, giving them the right information at the right time. Ultimately we help patients follow their doctor’s advice – helping them to get well again, faster.
We are looking for an experienced iOS engineer to lead our effort on the iOS platform.
- You are responsible for building and maintaining our iOS SDK and our iOS app.
- You work on improving the reliability, energy efficiency, and performance of our data collection.
- You collaborate with the whole team to utilize new data sources, like accelerometer and gyroscope.
- You develop our iOS app that is used in studies and pilots to evaluate the impact of our technology on patients’ behavior. You continuously improve this app to make it more useful for patients.
- You work with technical counterparts of our partners (pharmaceutical and medical device companies) to integrate our iOS SDK into their apps.
- As we grow our team, you play a key role in recruiting, coaching and leading other developers.
Who are we looking for?
- You have 5+ years of experience developing iOS (and watchOS) apps and frameworks.
- You are deeply familiar with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- You have experience working with Core Location and Core Motion (and HealthKit).
- You have experience writing automated unit and integration tests.
- You have good knowledge of background execution modes on iOS (and watchOS).
- You have good knowledge of multi-threaded and asynchronous code.
- You have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You want to do work that matters.
Why join us?
- You will become part of a highly professional, motivated and international team.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will get invaluable insights into the digital health industry.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies and a no-bullshit atmosphere. We work on things that matter. Join our journey!
For any questions, you can also contact us anytime at [email protected]
Data privacy notice