Senior Java Developer [m/f/d]
Interested in research and innovation projects and working in a multi-national high-tech environment? Do you like to implement efficient organisational processes to streamline scientific and innovative ideas in practice, especially in complex multi-disciplinary set-up? Do you have minimum 3-7 years of professional experience as a Java Developer?
If yes, this job opening will definitely interest you!
ASTRIAL GmbH seeks for creative and multifaceted professionals for the position of Senior Java Developer, who will be working on the company’s product line, the ENGAGE Suite, within Security and Crisis Management related R&I EU funded and commercial projects.
ASTRIAL GmbH offers a great career environment, focused in development and implementation of innovative public safety and crisis management solutions. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with key enterprise actors in Europe and beyond.
ASTRIAL GmbH is dedicated to develop software systems for Incident Command and Response, Decision support, telematics, physical security, mobile data as well as state-of-the- art decision support tools for Security and Public Safety applications for police, coast guard, emergency medical service, civil protection and fire & rescue operations, critical public infrastructure protection, transportation security and border monitoring. With core technology built on open standards, we offer an unmatched range of mission critical enterprise solutions empowering governments and businesses around the world to make better and faster operational decisions.
ASTRIAL GmbH is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded. The focus of the current job opening concerns the domains of Security (Physical and Cyber) and Crisis Management for applications that include Command and Control, Incident Management and Response Operations of Public Safety organisations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of solutions and applications in different Research and Innovation, Security and Crisis Management projects running in parallel, and will be part of a highly-skilled team exposed at the same time to a wide variety of technologies.
The ideal candidate will be an inspired and multifaceted professional having an experience of minimum 3-7 years of effective exposure to Java development, solid technical background (PhD and/or MSc in Engineering or Science is also considered an asset), excellent organisational skills, effective time management, proficiency in German and in English (written and verbal), top-level communication capabilities, and advanced ICT skills (to comprehend ASTRIAL’s software and hardware product lines).
The position’s primary goals are to:
Design and develop JEE based mission critical software systems, contribution to data modelling and system architecture, planning and determining requirements, technical solutions, ideas and concepts to create robust and flexible solutions
The position Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in Java is mandatory
- 3+ years working experience as full-stack Java developer
- Specialized in Java/J2EE Application development
- Desired skills include Java, Rest, Web Services, EJB3, Application Servers, Messaging Systems, SQL, Maven, Junit, JPA, Hibernate, Svn, Git
- Experience with RDBMS systems
- Ability to maintain and support existing products
- Ability to deliver quality software products on challenging schedules
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage assigned tasks and schedules and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with design patterns, their usage, and applicability to various software scenarios
- Capable of learning new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written German and English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Engineering or Science Degree
- MSc in Crisis Management or Sensors or Communications or Software Platforms will be considered a plus
- PhD in Crisis Management or Sensors or Communications or Software Platforms will be considered a plus
- Strong engineering background in software systems and platforms, telecom and sensors;
- Ability to generate research and promote technology transfer, innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Knowledge of the state of the art information technologies (software systems and platforms, telecom, sensors) in the domain of Security and/or Crisis Management will be considered a strong plus
- Dynamic, persistent and result oriented
All positions offer:
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods and of new technologies)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale technology oriented projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly and creative environment with talented colleagues
- Competitive compensation package