Senior Java Developer – Back Office (m/f/d) // lieferando
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our amazing team at Takeaway.com in the IT department. As a Software Engineer, you will be a key part of creating an innovative product in a cross-functional multicultural team. As a Software Engineer, you will be a driver in creating and maintaining (micro)services using cloud-based solutions which are running on AWS.
How you describe your team to your friends
“I work in a backend team that is amongst the first in the company to make use of a new, cloud-based environment. I develop microservices alongside my colleagues. For me, it is especially important that all applications are properly tested, monitored and integrated on an automated deploy pipeline. As my team is working with mostly new technologies using an event-driven architecture, I usually have to invest some time in researching solutions and best practices. Even though properly automated pipeline is something we care about, as a developer I naturally spend most of my time on solving business needs by writing clean code in Java. I enjoy working alongside collaboratively with my team members, teaching & coaching them what I know best and learning from them what I have yet to master.”
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Java developer
- You have 1,5+ years of experience working with Apache Kafka or similar distributed streaming platforms
- You have 4+ years working experience with relational (e.g. MySQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- You have the first-hand experience in building RESTful services in Java for production.
- Hands-on knowledge of Kubernetes
- You are a good communicator who enjoys pair programming and is not afraid of challenging the status-quo
- As you’ll be joining a young team, you will be constantly presented with novel puzzles and will be unfettered by legacy code
- You’ll become part of a team that prides itself in owning its stack and you’ll have the opportunity to make your voice heard during technical and design discussions – your opinion will count.
- Company contribution toward your pension saving
- Awesome (global) team events like the summer party, skiing trip and more!
- Table football, billiard and Playstation in the kitchen
- Contribution to your travel cost with the amount of the BVG monthly abonnement
- An attractive location with roof terrace close to Potsdamer Platz
- Workshops, conferences and training seminars to support our growing team
- In-house German language courses