(Senior) Java Developer
At movingimage, video is what drives us. We are a global leader in delivering secure enterprise video solutions. Simply put, we want to revolutionize the way in which companies use video. Our cloud-based solution is a centralized platform that enables companies to efficiently manage and stream all their video assets for customers, partners, and employees in the best possible quality on any device.
We move videos. Together with you, we will move even more.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a member of a cross-functional team and work side by side with Software Engineers and DevOps, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, and more to build new features and extend existing features of our platform to support our customers’ video content operations at scale.
As a Backend Engineer, you´ll take on the following responsibilities:
- be an important part of our multinational agile software development team
- implement the new version of our APIs using technologies like Spring
- implement high-quality and scalable video asset management and video streaming solutions for enterprise customers
- write well-structured and documented “clean” code
- continuously update and expand the existing product
- experience how the principles of the Agile Methodology are implemented and lived within the whole organization
To thrive in the role as a Backend Engineer, you´ll need:
- relevant work experience of several years in building high traffic web applications using Java (Java 8), Spring, Spring Boot, messaging brokers like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Active MA, Kenisis
- experience with one Relational Database (e.g. Mysql, Postgres, SQLServer) and one NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- experience with Docker, Linux and Shell scripting (bash, shell), infrastructure automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- as a nice to have experience in infrastructure automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and with one of the big cloud provides: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Culture: We work agile, focusing on cross-team collaboration based on trust and transparency. You are free to introduce your own ideas and make an impact in a team of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Learning & Growth: We support continuous learning through regular Communities of Practice, 1:1s and peer-feedback, German classes in our office, and the chance to take part in conferences and trainings.
- Balance your Life: Schedule your work balanced with your life situation and enjoy 30 paid vacation days, self-determined working hours as well as the option to work from home occasionally.
- Location by the Spree: Our spacious headquarter is located directly at the Spree river in the heart of Berlin, offering interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, and take a break together.
- Compensation: Excellent people deserve great working conditions. We conduct benchmark analyses regularly to ensure that we are paying salaries above the market average. Additionally, we offer you a company pension (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge), which we support with 20%.
- Relocation Support: If you are not located in German yet, don’t worry, we will support your move with a relocation package to make settling in as easy as possible for you.