We shape the hotel room of the future!
SuitePad is a Berlin-based SaaS company focused on hotel tech. We deliver hotels’ aggregated content, entertainment, and services through in-room tablets, set-top-boxes, large format digital touch screens, signage, and even a touch projector. The depth and quality of our services have made us the European market leader for in-room guest communication and more than 800 of the most renowned hotels worldwide trust us with their digital guest communication, along them international hotel groups like Jumeirah, Meliá and Van der Valk.
We’re looking to expand our team with a Front-end Engineer (m/f/x). Fundamentally, we’re looking for someone who cares about quality code, can make meaningful contributions to our technical decision making, and can work both autonomously or closely collaboratively (as the project requires).
- 1+ years of professional experience developing web apps with Ember.js
- Strong knowledge of CSS/HTML (BEM and PostCSS knowledge is a big plus)
- Strong foundational JS knowledge
- Hold yourself to a high standard of code quality and seek to continually improve
- Have strong technical opinions and can support them rationally
- Accepting of constructive feedback
- Legally permitted to work in Germany – we’ll help with this.
- Build web applications with Ember.js
- Enforce agreed-upon code standards and continue to escalate our quality
- Help architect new Apps/APIs
- Help maintain and improve existing systems
Our tech team has built a robust, service-oriented architecture that powers 10s of thousands of devices. We’re primarily a Ruby/Elixir/Ember.js shop with some services in Node.js. Our custom hardware devices (mostly tablets) are powered by a suite of Android (Java/Kotlin) apps, which serve our Ember.js apps.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS. We are in the process of migrating to k8s on EKS. Our datastores are PostgreSQL and Redis. We use AMQP as a message bus to tie things together.
We use GitHub, CircleCI, CodeClimate to help us get things done.
How We Work
- We are a team of 7 light-hearted and international Front-end, Back-end and Mobile Engineers.
- We encourage teammates to bring in well-reasoned opinions, productively disagree with us and to make decisions based on technical merits – we make evidence-based decisions as a team.
- Our leadership believes in leadership as a service, enabling our team to be performant/productive and continuously improving.
- We respect each other’s work-life balance.
- We strive to reduce “total cost of ownership” by upholding high code quality standards that are enforced via CI, static analysis and code reviews.
- We practice agile methodologies that fit our team size – a Kanban-light approach.
- A team of excellent, international Engineers to collaborate with
- Space to improve your craft
- The flexibility to explore other disciplines in our stack
- A modern office right in central Berlin
- Swift decision making and flat hierarchies
- A high degree of autonomy in your work
- An excellent onboarding, continuous training as well as an annual budget for personal development and conferences
Who we are:
As a Berlin start-up we re-defined the way hotels connect with guests. In the hotel room of the future, you’ll find guest directory, telephone, remote control, newspapers, and room service menu, all united on a single device: the SuitePad.
Use the SuitePad to make your stay just that much more special – order breakfast to your bed, make a restaurant reservation, book spa treatments, control lights and AC, or explore tourist activities around town. It’s all here on the SuitePad, at the touch of a finger.
Curious to get to know more? Get in touch – become part of our team and shape our success story!
Apply here or send us your CV (or a link to one) to [email protected]! Please share any side projects of note and/or a link to your GitHub – direct us to any highlights we should check out. Our basic process:
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for a 30 minutes code review assessment
- A first phone interview which will take around 30 minutes
- A 2-3 hour sample task to test your knowledge – this is the main technical test
- A 1-1.5 hour technical interview (via Skype or on-site depending on your location)
- A 1-1,5 hour cultural fit interview (via Skype or on-site depending on your location)
- 2 reference checks with previous teamleads
Your contact person is Elisa Mucheyer (HR). We’re looking forward to getting to know you!