Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Digital Health (f/m/x)
xbird is a medical AI company developing ways to use sensors’ data to predict and prevent health risks. We capture data streams from built-in sensors on smartphones, wearables and medical devices to develop algorithms and machine learning models which ingest these streams in real-time in order to detect critical health events before they occur. You will be working with accelerometer, blood glucose, insulin, GPS and iOS / Android activity data.
In the scope of a public funded R&D grant we perform additional research on complex tasks such as blood glucose prediction and classification of hypo/hyperglycaemic events. With our technology we aim to improve the state of the art on these tasks by combining medical data with the additional data sources that we can collect with our app.
About the position
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer that will help us build the intelligence behind our systems. Ideally, you don’t only have in-depth knowledge of machine learning to help you do this, but also have the engineering experience to integrate your solutions into production. You are able to perform comprehensive exploratory analysis to figure out how to solve a range of business and research problems, and then build machine learning models to solve these problems.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- You will apply the latest machine learning algorithms to improve the lives of people and to help doctors in their diagnosis. In this role, you will have high responsibility and a strong impact on the company’s success.
- You will play a leading role in every part of our machine learning life-cycle: from the initial research to the production-level implementation, from discussing long-term goals, to making post-release micro-improvements.
- You will decide the best model for every problem, and will be keen to implement that in practice (Python).
- You will take ownership of core projects of our company and we can rely on you to drive them forward proactively.
- You will be part of our engineering team consisting of machine learning engineers, backend, Android and iOS developers.
- As we grow our team, you will play a key role in recruiting, coaching and leading other developers.
Who are we looking for?
- You have in-depth knowledge of Python (our backend is written in this).
- You have experience with several machine learning frameworks.
- You have strong communication skills and are good at sharing your knowledge.
- You have experience building neural networks and have deep knowledge of regularization and optimization methods.
- You have a track record of solving business problems with machine learning.
- You have knowledge of exploratory data analysis techniques.
- You have experience in time series modelling.
- You have experience maintaining machine learning systems and models post-deployment (logging, serving, monitoring).
- You have experience in coaching and guiding other machine learning engineers.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- You enjoy what you do and want to work with people who share your passion.
Why join us?
- You will become part of a highly professional, motivated and international team.
- You will work in a collaborative environment that values your work.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will gain invaluable insight into the digital health industry through our pioneering work.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies and a no-bullshit atmosphere. We work on things that matter. Join our journey!
For any questions, you can also contact us anytime at [email protected]
Data privacy notice