Senior Magento Developer (f/m) // Visaya
- Senior Magento Developer (f/m)
- Availability: Immediately / Full-time
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Ever heard of Process Automation? Probably not. Yet on a daily basis you touch, breathe, or even eat more than 200 things that have been created or distributed thanks to Process Automation.
We are the team behind Visaya, the online marketplace for Industrial Automation and we’re rolling out exciting changes in our shop as you’re reading this job ad.
Therefore, we’re looking for a Web Developer to join our team! Will it be you?
As a Web Developer you will be joining our Product team and contribute first-hand in building a robust, scalable and user-friendly product that will engage our users. You will also participate in high level decisions for the roll out of new solutions and technologies to extend our current stack.
We are Visaya (https://visaya.solutions/en/) – We believe that small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can make an impact in the world – if they have the right tools. We help industrial SMEs find, configure, and buy the right devices to fulfil their automation needs and focus on bringing better quality products to the market. We have devised solutions tailored to the needs of these businesses. We started as a digital knowledge base for the world of industrial automation, and in the recent months evolved to a hybrid e-commerce platform. Our business model is simple and straightforward: buy and resell online, supported by email, chat or phone. We offer our customers the support of big vendors and the accessibility of small vendors.
Our dynamic team is located in a modern location in Berlin-Moabit. In this innovative setting, we experiment with all disciplines of digital marketing e-commerce and engineering to grow our company. We nurture and protect a caring environment of trust, transparency, diversity, equality, responsibility, growth, sustainability, customer success and joy. At Visaya, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers. As we want to continue delivering amazing work, while having fun at the same time we are looking for additional team member, joining us in our venture!
- You have 5+ years of experience in a developer role
- You are experienced in front-end development and are familiar with mvvm frameworks such as react/vue/angular/knockout
- You know your way with web services (REST/SOAP) and service-oriented architectures
- You are committed in using Git
- Experience with WordPress and Magento solutions is highly regarded
- You are familiar with Docker and/or AWS, basic knowledge in DevOps is a plus
- Knowledge of other frameworks (frontend and backend) and toolchains are a plus
- Talking of plus(es), PHP is a big plus
- You can confidently interface with other team members in English (spoken and written)
- You quickly understand requirements, propose quality solutions with attention to detail (not simply the easy way out) and are confident to implement them
- Build new features for our users, customers, contributors and partners
- Develop engaging, user-centered web experiences
- Translate designs and wireframes into efficient, elegant code that is easy to maintain
- Implement responsive and accessible interfaces
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Refactor, modernize and modularize our existing codebase
- Consider user feedback and data when developing solutions
- Take care of other aspects of our infrastructure, as required
- Accept and act on constructive criticism
Benefits/What we offer
- A (very!) international and open-minded team from five continents, entrepreneurial spirit and great working atmosphere
- A vivid startup spirit combined with the backing of an established and renowned enterprise
- A fast-paced culture without hierarchy
- Short decision-making processes in which everyone makes a difference and significantly contributes to our product and growth
- An office in an old brewery, close to restaurants and shops galore (Schultheiss Quartier)
- Urban Sports membership
- Free fresh fruits / snacks and all the coffee you can drink
- A competitive remuneration package
- Relocation assistance to cover moving costs (including work permit/visa), if required
If you feel you’re a good fit and you want to actively shape our product, please apply online: https://visaya.orgos.io
At this point in time we do not consider working with recruiting agencies.