Senior PHP Developer // AMBOSS
AMBOSS – a company built by doctors for doctors with the mission of improving global healthcare. After the successful launch of our main learning platform in 2017, we are further enhancing our software with technologies like artificial intelligence & machine learning. Joining AMBOSS as Senior PHP Developer means you will play a key role in creating a product that has the potential to improve medical care for billions of people.
At the moment we are further expanding our products and service. As Senior PHP Developer at AMBOSS, you will get the freedom to work on a wide range of topics and power to make architectural (design) decisions.
- Working in an agile team with other developers and a product owner on our main product – the online educational platform for medical students.
- Further expanding API based on GraphQL and maintenance of our API
- Refining implementation in rounds of code review, quality assurance, and PO acceptance. Being proactive and driving the tasks you are working on.
- Covering your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Architecture and API design decisions working on a cross-functional team.
- Monitoring during operation (e.g. using tools such as kibana, cloudwatch, new relic) for analysis and optimization.
- Collaboration with our support team in escalation cases (troubleshooting or usability optimization).
AMBOSS believes in Quality and we are continuously looking for ways to further improve our back-end. Are you the PHP Developer that wants to maintain an ever-expanding cloud-based product where you have the freedom to develop your ideas and make an impact in the global world of Healthcare?
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for PHP development with an expert understanding of how to develop applications with PHP
- Experience modern frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc. We have an agnostic approach to frameworks
- Deep understanding of building maintainable code
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions that are focused on implementing best practices
- Great SQL knowledge and expert skills in database query optimization
- Routine in working with development tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, XDebug, etc.
- Mastery over the English language, you can freely discuss your ideas in an agile work environment
As a bonus you could have:
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior Engineers & Developers
- Project management experience where you have managed projects with a cross-functional team of engineers, developers, designers & scientists
- Fun with statistical analysis, testing automation, penetration testing, and/or experience with technologies like GraphQL, Redis, MongoDB.
We offer you all the tools needed to manage a well balanced work-life. We give you the chance to work with flexible work hours, home office opportunities and flat organizational hierarchies. Our office is equipped with everything you need to feel at home and have fun while having a positive impact on the world.
A few of the things you can do at our office are:
- Joining one of our courses or team trainings – English & German classes, sports class, Yoga
- Cooking a meal in our fully stocked kitchen, or better joining a home cooked lunch from our chef
- Meeting colleagues at our Italian espresso machine for a friendly talk
- Enjoying the sun from one of our many balconies; or a cold winter breeze ;)
- Staying healthy with our sponsored Urban Sports membership
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.