Senior Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
As a Platform Engineer at FRIDAY you will help us shape our digital products and utilize our state-of-art technology stack to disrupt an old school Industry.
So, If you are eager to work on the leading insurance technology of tomorrow, and become a vital part of our Tech Hub in Berlin, then you’ve come to the right place!
- Manage and maintain the internal service platform in Kubernetes and general infrastructure in AWS.
- Help teams achieve self-sufficiency by providing tools, templates, and general support to enable them to work efficiently with our systems and Platform.
- Define the scalability plan for different services by tracking their internal metrics and using observability principles.
- Generate initiatives in incremental iterations to ensure the constant improvement of the Platform.
- Influence technical decisions and define the future of the Platform along with Developers, Architects, and Managers.
- Share DevOps knowledge, tools, and practices with the Platform team and Development teams, maintaining best practices and implementing new ones as needed.
- Maintain the Platform stability and manage the infrastructure accordingly to deal with incidents as well as proactively prevent them.
- Define security policies and processes to ensure that our Platform is compliant with current standards.
- Proactively document and promote new ideas within Engineering.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND AND SKILLSET
- 6+ years of experience working with production environments and infrastructure-related jobs.
- Good understanding of DevOps culture, practices, and tools.
- Experience working with Linux Systems, CI/CD, containers, and IaC.
- Experience working with cloud providers. AWS is preferred.
- Good understanding of K8s and orchestration systems.
- Knowledge about how to build secure systems and Platforms.
- Open-minded, problem-solving mindset.
- Teamwork-oriented, avoiding silos, and excited to share knowledge.
- Be a good communicator, be an example for less experienced Engineers, and work collaboratively with others.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Employment contract with a competitive salary, and attractive benefits including 30 days of vacation.
- Yearly allowance for Home Office needs.
- We offer a modern and employee-oriented workspace and culture.
- We know that smart people need freedom, an inspiring working environment and trust to thrive – we offer you that :
- No dress code
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do
- International environment – Offices in Warsaw, Berlin, Paris and Luxembourg colleagues from 30 nations.
- Home office policy that allows you to work anywhere in Germany + additionally
once per year home office allowance paid out
- Office space in the heart of Berlin
- Learning environment
THIS ROLE IS IDEAL FOR YOU IF:
Want to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts, and senior technologists. For this, we need the best Engineers that value state-of-the-art technologies and love high standard solutions.
FRIDAY is the essence of over 180 individuals, who build a strong “we”. We are a technology company with an insurance license and have offices in Germany, Poland, Luxembourg, and France. Together we all pull in the same direction: In becoming the most popular digital insurer in Europe.
We are already one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs across Europe and care for our employees, their ambitions, dreams, and challenges. Together we build an environment where everybody feels empowered to explore, grow and shape a better future for us, our customers, and the world around us – this is what makes us a unique employer. Join us today and let’s shape our tomorrow.