Senior Product Data Scientist
Picsart is looking for an experienced Product Data Scientist to join its Core Editor Team, which is responsible for developing all groundbreaking new editing features and products and making Picsart the #1 Photo and Video Editing platform in the world.
By using a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, you will develop a broad understanding of our ecosystem and dive into the highest-priority areas. You will use data to understand the product and business ecosystem, particularly where multiple areas of the company are impacted, help develop strategy and support leadership in prioritizing what to build and setting top-line goals for execution. You will distill complex narratives from across the business into clear and actionable insights to influence strategic decision-making. You won’t simply present data, but tell data-driven stories. You will build credibility through structure and clarity and be a trusted strategic partner.
You will collaborate, be inspired, and grow as part of a world-class team of data scientists.
- Work with teams throughout the company to identify top-level goals to ensure company success and drive the narrative to executives on how we are performing against those goals
- Drive analytics projects end-to-end in partnership with other BUs and across the Product community to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to create value for users, businesses, and Picsart, and influence roadmaps through insights and recommendations
- Provide weekly updates to the leadership on the current state of the core features and editing tools, providing context on recent trends and go-forward expectations
- Contribute towards advancing the Data Science discipline at Picsart, including but not limited to driving data best practices (e.g. analysis, “goaling”, experimentation), improving analytical processes, scaling knowledge and tools, and mentoring other data scientists.
- BS/MA degree in Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working with large data sets from enterprise database platforms, and business intelligence development tools to solve complex business problems
- Strong experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Strong experience with BI software (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Strong experience with statistical inference and hypothesis testing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage the data collection process, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
- Strong synthesis skills with the ability to analyze huge amounts of data and extract insights that will drive the product
- Excellent communication and knowledge-sharing skills, ability to mentor and motivate people, settle disputes and transfer knowledge
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and innovator
- Excellent time management and punctuality
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English