SENIOR Python/JS ENGINEER (F/D/M)
About this role
The engineering team is being scaled up currently and we are looking for passionate Engineers across most disciplines to join us.
After having released our MVP and onboarded our first customers we are looking to expand our product and our offerings with an ambitious roadmap.
There will be things we need to fix, improve and decide upon making every role highly impactful.
To bring our vision to market, we are looking for a Senior Engineer (f/d/m) to join our development team.
Engineers at Maya focus on the core product of the company. Whilst due to the early stage of the company are also involved in Architecture and Software Development Lifecycle.
As an Engineer at Maya you are encouraged to be curious and work to the best of your abilities to fulfill the needs of the team while also being a pillar for the rest of the team.
- Develop features and improvements to our product. You’ll be responsible for the whole lifecycle of a feature, we encourage you to go as full-stack as you’re comfortable with
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other stakeholders, be part of the decision making process
- Help us solve complex logical problems that are inherent to the finacing of Nature-based Solutions. This includes finding the right abstraction layers to ensure a good maintainability of our code base while covering a lot of different edge cases for our clients
- Produce code that adheres to the internal standards while also improving and enforcing them
- Recognize impediments (”technical debt”) whilst proposing and implementing solutions
- Be an advocate of our engineering culture, a product first mindset and a trend setter by introducing new technologies and including the whole team
- Be proactive and work outside of just code
- For Backend Engineers: Excellent understanding and use of Python, FastAPI, PostgreSQL and/or other related languages/frameworks
- Knowledge of other languages or frameworks in different styles or approaches
- Knowledge of counter approaches in comparison to those used currently in the organization
- Good understanding of container approaches and workings (Docker)
- Excellent understanding of GIT and different branching strategies
- Excellent understanding of coding principles and common patterns – not just in theory
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate within a team/organization, this includes achieving consensus with peers, and to provide early and timely feedback
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, iterative software development process
- Up to date with modern programming principles and approaches
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a tech startup
- Product company experience
What we offer
- Become an integral part of an ambitious tech company and team that jointly pioneers to accelerate investments in Nature based Solutions to fight Climate Change
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for fast-paced professional development
- You will be working with a team of product and tech professionals as well as climate and finance experts
- Competitive salary + equity-based participation in the company possible