Senior QA Automation Engineer
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department, we are looking for an Experienced (Senior) QA Automation Engineer.
In this new department at Wooga, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department’s mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded within the Web Tools team that develops products such as:
- Our story content management system that enables writers, editors, designers, and other team members to create the delightful weekly content updates that our users love
- Customer care tools helping our agents to solve user problems quickly
- A live operations management platform that enables product managers to operate our games at scale and deliver the very best experience possible to each individual player
Leveraging your experience in automated testing, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and providing performance targets are exceeded.
About the role
- You will implement the QA automation strategy, through increased automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games
- Your focus will be on implementing Automated End-to-End Testing for web UI and backend APIs
- Your contribution will be in transforming manual testing into automated testing, together with the team engineers
- You will build and maintain the automation testing framework that you and other engineers will develop automated tests for our live operations and content creation tools
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle
- You will advocate for automated testing and overall software quality by coaching the engineers
- You will collaborate closely with development teams and our parent company’s QA automation competence center
- You have several, at least 3 (for Senior 7+) years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role)
- Experience with Unity is a plus!
- You have experience using test automation tools and frameworks e.g. JUnit, Jest, Mocha, Pytest or others
- You have experience in writing E2E or integration tests
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience to help teams improve their code quality
- You have a curiosity about how complex systems work
- Experience with integrating test automation into CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) is a plus
- Passion for games and a demonstrable understanding of the mobile game industry is a plus
- Bonus points for contribution to open source projects
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success – we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!