Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Aklamio is looking for a Senior QA Engineer that will help us build a modern and highly efficient testing framework and establish QA processes. You will contribute towards a culture of reliability and software quality across the whole organisation and will have a significant impact on our product.
Who we are
At Aklamio, we believe that customers, their networks, the power of word-of-mouth and customer insights are a company’s best assets. With our Customer Incentives Platform, we help enterprises all around the world grow by acquiring new customers, and by rewarding loyal customers and converting them into brand advocates.
Founded in 2011, Aklamio has become Europe’s most successful incentives marketing platform with offices in Berlin, London, and Madrid. Aklamio was ranked 2nd fastest growing technology startup in Germany (Financial Times, Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies) with minimal external funding.
What you’ll do
- Take overall responsibility for quality assurance. Create test strategies and plans and lead all testing activities (functional, regression, exploratory, performance)
- Lead the way and establish, develop and monitor modern QA + automation, standards, processes and metrics for new and existing applications.
- Promote knowledge regarding test automation and software quality within our engineering teams to build-up familiarity in this area of expertise
- Partner with stakeholders, engineers and product owners. Provide QA metrics and help the teams release predictably at pace.
- Collaborate with other teams on customer experience and use valuable customer feedback to raise software quality and satisfaction continuously
- Keep yourself current. Make sure we always follow the best industry practices and keep your tools sharp
What you’ll bring with you
- In-depth knowledge of various testing methodologies and experience with the implementation of test automation for cross-browser web applications
- Experience with code-less test automation tools
- QA experience working as part of agile development teams that frequently release with confidence
- You have good communication skills and the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences and the ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable about performance and/or security testing and pentesting
- Experience in CI/CD and can operate the solutions such as Jenkins or gitlab CI
- You have experience with API testing (postman / any other framework /tools etc)
- You are detail-oriented, analytical and have strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with automation frameworks like Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium as well as BDD.
- Experience in using any Test Management tools such as Testrail, and Xray
- ISTQB certification would be a plus!
Why join us
Become part of an excellent team in one of Europe’s fastest-growing and most exciting startups. We offer many possibilities for development in an international environment with flat hierarchies and fast decision making. Innovation, creativity and ownership are our top priorities! At Aklamio we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity, team building and inclusion among our teammates are essential to our success.
- Challenging team and career growth opportunities
- Live and work where you want- Home office is the new normal for us. Live anywhere in Germany, Spain, or the United Kingdom and work from the comfort of your home, favourite coffee shop or wherever you please. Or feel free to make use of our stylish and comfortable headquarters in Berlin- we’ll save you a seat!
- Make Berlin your home- we offer relocation support and assistance.
- Benefits that fit your life. Use our benefits marketplace to choose from shopping, entertainment, electronics, music, games, fitness, transportation, and more!
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- Personal and Career Development: Yearly budget for training so you can expand your skills professionally or linguistically!
- Balance: 30 days of vacation
- Belonging: enjoy monthly lunches, virtual and in-person team events. Team building is fundamental for us