Senior Ruby Developer
ViaEurope means: smart Web-Apps & APIs combined with real warehouses, clearing thousands of parcels each day – bringing products from all over the world to Europe!
We are growing fast and are looking for a senior Ruby developer who can support the development of the ViaEurope applications – work remotely or join us in Berlin!
What is in it for you?
- We strive for zero bullshit every day. We are an efficient, lean, mean, parcel-delivery machine. We want to keep it that way.
- No investor – stakeholder – client bullshit. No dreamy hacker shop either. We find efficient and pragmatic ways to do our work every day and have a friendly work culture.
- We want someone passionate about their work, we are looking for people who want to get things shipped without going insane over arbitrary deadlines. We all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures.
- We usually work out of Berlin and are happy to provide space for you. Remote is cool as well, but we’d like to meet every other week.
We are looking for experienced developers who know how to get things done. Your education or background is less important than your ability to take on a task and get it from concept to production!
What we are looking for:
- you are a senior Ruby/RoR developer with experience in a professional setting
- you know the tech in our stack: Heroku, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, AWS
- you have experience using and developing external RESTful APIs
- you speak and write great English
- you don’t like corporate BS but you love to communicate over Slack and GitHub
- you take ownership of your projects from specification to release. It’s not done when it’s merged, it’s done when it’s live.
- can get things on the road
- you are interested in the world of logistics
- you have a German/European work permit and are able to travel within the Schengen area
Is that YOU? …then for goodness sake, use the button below, telling us why you’re interested in this position and why we are interested in you; and we will get back to you. Then we can talk about you, about us, our stack, and any questions you might have.