(Senior) Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/*)
We’re looking for a (Senior) Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/*) to enhance our engineering team, which is developing the next generation insurance platform. You will work with AWS solutions and help us maintain and scale our fast-growing platform.
- Build a platform in the latest stack, using AWS solutions and develop most of the logic from scratch, without maintaining legacy code.
- Participate in decision making for software architecture.
- Be a mentoring-type, hands-on, responsible backend developer.
- Contribute to a good and agile development environment.
- Support other team members with technical advice and propose your opinion when it comes to decisions about which technologies and principles to apply.
- Proactively help us to implement features, solve problems and improve our product.
- Clear communication with the team.
- At least 3 years of Ruby/Rails experience.
- Experience with AWS and postgreSQL.
- Agile development with Github.
- Designing API (Graphql is a plus).
- Inspired by DRY; KISS and SOLID principles.
- Eager to learn and establish new technologies within the company.
- Fluent in English (German is a plus).
- You are a team player and don’t mind helping your peers to tackle problems.
- Deep understanding of usability, accessibility and semantic code.
Having experience in some of the following fields would be a plus:
- Scaling a monolithic Ruby/Rails application.
- Experience in developing microservices.
- Domain Driven Design architecture.
- Basic experience or willingness to work with React.js, Vue.js.
- Previous experience with Graphql.
- Basic experience with Elixir.
- Building up and maintaining AWS infrastructure.
Technologies we use:
- Standard web toolkit + SASS, JS, React.js, Vue.js, Redux.
- Hanami, Sidekiq, Redis, postgreSQL, AWS.
- Elixir, Graphql.
- Agile development with Github, ZenHub, Slack, Codeship, Capistrano.
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s fastest growing insurtechs, backed long-term by one of the biggest insurance powerhouses worldwide.
- Working in a small to mid-sized startup with flat hierarchies, a group of young international peers and a lot of room for personal development.
- Cutting edge technologies, agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges.
- Office on the 6th floor in the heart of Berlin (Mitte/ Prenzlauer Berg) with a beautiful view over the city.
- Team budget for various events, you decide :)
- Learning budget for personal self-development.
- Flexible working arrangements based on your needs.
- Free dental insurance – to experience our products for yourself.
- Free fruit basket, soft drinks and free beer with your colleagues.
- Free Monday Morning Motivation Sessions (Yoga, Coaching, Meditation, or similar).
- A competitive salary + target related bonus.
Ready to take our InsurTech company to the next level?
We are thrilled to get to know you!
dentolo is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.