(Senior) Scala Developer
Unzer is a fast-growing, innovative, and modular platform for international payment transactions. Over 600 of our payment experts and tech enthusiasts throughout Europe today work on helping retailers achieve sustainable growth in a dynamic market. We provide them with the modules, which are easy to integrate, cover the entire spectrum of payment management: from the processing of various payment types, through automated analytics of customer behavior and requirements, all the way up to integrative risk management.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Risk42 team is focused on detecting risk and fraud in real-time across our payment methods. We are looking for a motivated Scala Software Engineer to grow our team responsible for Unzer’s proprietary risk engine. We believe in writing software using typed functional programming, automated testing, and code generation.
Our tech stack
- Scala with the usage of ZIO library
- Code generation using Guardrail and OpenAPI specification
- Toolkit: Akka-HTTP
- Database: MongoDB
- Container orchestration system: Kubernetes with the usage of Jaeger tracing system
- Data visualization and analytical tools: Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Fluentd, and Elasticsearch
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop new features in the risk management platform
- Deploy using our automated GitLab CI
- Improve our automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Improve our automated performance testing
- Maintain and support the components
- You are proficient with coding in Scala and a huge fan of functional programming
- You can perform automated testing
- We require experience in some of the technologies listed above, ideally proficiency in a functional language or JVM language, and the willingness to dive into the rest
- You like to have good business understanding and always think about the bigger picture
- You are an excellent communicator, and you enjoy working closely with the team
Nice to have:
- Programming skills of Python or Bash
- Experience working with Linux system and Docker
- Knowledge about Keycloak software and authentication layer like Open ID Connect
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely
- Personal development and training opportunities, in addition to internal knowledge sharing forums and best practice sharing. We want you to have the ability to learn something new every day!
- A fast-paced work environment with the creative freedom to contribute to Unzer’s future
- Personalized onboarding experience
- Excellent working atmosphere in ambitious, diverse, and agile teams
- Fun events such as our Summer party, Christmas party, and many more
Does this sound interesting to you? Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Please note we will not sponsor your visa or relocation for the role and you must be Germany-based and have an eligible work permit to be considered for this position.
Unzer is equal employment opportunities workplace and we commit to hire regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application