Scala Engineer (Platform Team) (m/f/x) // commercetools
You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? You are thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breath functional programming, you dream about solving complex problems? On top you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings, product indexing and web service APIs
- Develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Analyse product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor\’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification and at least 3 years experience as Software Engineer
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Fluent English for working in international teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague who enjoys our working & company culture
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.