Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
We are Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $5 billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Transferwise, Unilever, and more – and we’re just getting started!
About the Role
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with your fellow engineers, your Tech Lead and members of the Product team to deliver top notch software as part of a rapidly-growing company.
Some tools we currently use include TypeScript, React, Emotion and we deploy to Amazon CloudFront. More important than any tool is our relaxed yet challenging working environment. Our small engineering teams of 3–8 people are encouraged to solve their own problems with a great degree of freedom, to see their work through to completion and to take pride in – and full ownership of – the applications they work on.
You will find plenty of opportunities for career development, personal growth and technical problem solving as part of an upbeat, optimistic team of engineers who share your enthusiasm for open and empathetic communication.
Your Skills and Experience
- Professional, up-to-date experience with CSS, and an understanding of recent movements in this space, such as CSS-in-JS
- You know your way around Node.js, npm and its competing build systems, as well as cross-compilers and transpilers like Babel
- Cleanliness in your work – you produce well-documented pull requests that can be understood by your colleagues, and you document the higher level behaviour of your applications
- You take pride in testing your code whilst understanding the trade-offs that need to be made in some testing circumstances
- Ability to lead – you are comfortable driving projects forward with your technical decision making
- Pragmatic, polyglot approach – you use the best tool for the job
- You are productive when working with legacy code and you are always looking for refactoring opportunities
- An excellent command of written and spoken English. You understand that proactive verbal and written communication is a large part of software engineering
What We Offer
- Challenging, yet encouraging work environment.
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.
- Lifelong learning budget to contribute to your continuing education.
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club.
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally.
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package.
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Regular team outings on our two company boats plus regular social events!
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented employees.