Senior Software Engineer
At Fy! our purpose is to empower creativity. People come to Fy! to discover unique and wonderful things and to realise their creative vision for their home. Our mission is to make the world of design discoverable, affordable and instantly accessible.
For designers, artists and brands, Fy! is a way to share their creative vision and convert it into income. Fy! lets them build a brand, a business, and a life doing what they love. So far Fy! ships over 150k products from 2,000 creators to over 30 countries – with free shipping and returns! But we’re just getting started.
One of Europe’s fastest growing consumer brands, we are an ambitious team of creators, designers, analysts and coders split between offices in London, Berlin and Zoom. We’re backed by top European & US VCs and angels who’ve previously worked in or invested in businesses such as Deliveroo, Thread, Instacart, Superawesome and ASOS to name a few.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a cross-functional squad within our growing product engineering organisation and work to deliver customer outcomes, via an agile, experiment-driven approach.
Together with your squad you’ll be empowered to determine the best way to write and maintain high quality software to solve our customers’ problems, whether through creating delightful user experiences or building robust and scalable third-party integrations. You will take ownership of your code in production, including deployment and monitoring.
You will have opportunities to work across the entire stack. Our backend services are largely developed in Clojure with an emphasis on simplicity and maintainability, and deployed to AWS. Our web and app clients are developed in ClojureScript and React(Native).
- A passion for delivering value to customers through user experience
- The ability to think commercially about the problem you’re solving and make data-driven decisions to achieve the best outcome for our customers
- Experience delivering users stories with a high degree of independence by working across the stack (e.g. web, mobile, backend, data engineering, infrastructure)
- Experience of building, deploying and monitoring your software in production environments
- A dedication to good software development practices (CI/CD, testing, refactoring etc.)
- Strong communication skills; the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Clojure/ClojureScript experience
- A strong interest in functional programming
- Experience of TDD, pair-programming and/or other XP techniques.
What we offer
- Remote first working – anywhere within +/- 2hours of CET
- Being part of a team composed of experienced generalists and domain experts, and as such taking on complex, cross-cutting problems of the sort that normally require larger teams. We want you to be part of that, and to be excited by this opportunity.
- A role in a relatively new team that will provide plenty of opportunities for designing and building new services.
- Your choice of hardware, screens etc.
- Conference and learning budget, support for giving talks and presentations.
- Family-friendly office hours and working culture
- Established business with a clear pathway and resources to grow.
- Generous staff discount – fill your home with awesome designer gear.
- Want to work in a specific way? We’re flexible and want you to be comfortable, happy and productive as part of the team.