Senior Software Engineer (Ruby) (m/f) // Pixformance
Pixformance Sports GmbH is an internationally operating company that sets innovative training standards by developing trendsetting software solutions and sports equipment and makes functional training measurable for trainers.
Since its founding in 2012, we have been driving digitization in the international healthcare market forward and have now opened offices in Berlin, Japan, the US and the Netherlands.
The introduction of our software and devices across the various B2B markets has been a great success to date, resulting in over 165,000 trainers in eleven countries trusting Pixformance.
We will remain on course for success in 2019 and support numerous fitness facilities, physiotherapists, rehabilitation clinics and personal trainers with tailor-made complete solutions.
Pixformance aims to set new boundaries in terms of fitness, computer vision and video streaming and for this we continue to build a strong team. We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us and build a brand-new B2C product.
- Design and develop architecture for new features and new products
- Develop from scratch a new product in the area of personalized fitness
- Do a lot of research and experimentation
- Collaborate with different frontend teams (Web, Mobile, IoT)
- 3+ years experience developing systems in Ruby
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs for large-scale systems
- Confidence in working with large amounts of data
- Strong PostgreSQL skills including database tuning and optimization
- Extensive knowledge and experience with TDD and debugging Rails apps
- Ability to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Ability to write clear, concise and maintainable code that your teammates can understand and build upon
- Full English proficiency
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in working with video delivery and live-streaming services
- Experience with Internet of things and home automation
- Hands on experience managing infrastructure (Heroku, AWS, GCP)
- Experience in designing eventually consistent systems and working with queues
- Understanding of DDD concepts
- Experience in building apps from scratch
- Interest in machine learning
- Personal projects or open source contributions
- A greenfield project
- An international, highly motivated team with an office located in central Berlin
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent work / life balance
- Free (surprise!) coffee, tea, and fresh fruits
We look forward to recruiting talent regardless of cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion and generation.
If we have aroused your interest, then apply now!
Please send your complete documents (including cover letter, CV, certificates) stating your salary expectations and the possible start date preferably via our career portal (https://pixformance.heavenhr.com/jobs/_yCB70s9i_46oXuDoskKmUg_/apply?language=de)
or to Andrea Claassen-Hansen at [email protected]
Office, Administration & HR Supervisor
T +49 (0) 30.39 80 56 10
We look forward to you!
Your Pixformance team