Software Development Team Lead
At TeamSupport Berlin office, we are a diverse and energetic team from around the world. And we are growing fast. Last year, our company went from one product to four. In 2022 we already released new features, like Supervisor in Hub and the Hub SDK, and our roadmap is full of more exciting projects. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading Customer Success products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
We offer you a unique challenge. As one of our Team Leads, you’ll be working with a team of software and QA engineers. You will focus on delivering existing new features for our Messaging product and motivating the squad members. You will be part of a scrum team delivering our business-critical products, engaging with diverse stakeholders (including the Product team). Finally, but not least important, you will also have the opportunity to shape the direction of our technical solution.
What you will do:
- Being hands-on by coding in Java and taking part in the day-to-day delivery.
- Collaborating on defining and assessing our technological architecture, identifying best implementation options.
- Designing and developing new, innovative, scalable services & APIs receiving millions of requests per day.
- Developing technical specifications in collaboration with the Product team.
- Triaging incoming bug reports from stakeholders and internal teams; verifying, classifying and detailing before passing to sprint backlog.
- Researching and keeping us up to date with the latest trends in software development as it pertains to a SaaS platform (i.e. Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Docker).
- Coaching other developers with code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Motivating and engaging engineers to ensure their personal and professional needs are met, and the business goals achieved.
- Setting up squad member goals, tracking them, and supporting the team members to achieve them.
- Ensuring that the squad is aligned with the sprint goals and that the Product Owner has visibility on the work the squad will deliver.
- Providing input on team well-being, process and technology improvements.
- Ensuring the great working culture we have in the team is maintained and enhanced.
- Contributing ideas to improve our service and software.
- Being a force for good and positively contributing to the culture.
What we are looking for in you:
- Speak fluent English speaker at both a technical and non technical level.
- Have at least 6+ years of Java programming experience, other languages a plus
- Have at least 3+ years’ experience developing large scale web applications.
- Have the motivation and the skill to lead a squad of engineers.
- Keen to understand how things are meant to behave and how things may go wrong.
- Keen to develop an understanding of the expectations of a product from a user or customer point of view.
- Have experience working in an agile (Scrum) environment and be involved in the early stages of the development process.
- Have great interpersonal skills, stakeholder facing. Like to work and lead a team, and enjoy participating in team gatherings.
- Have excellent communication skills – the ability to exercise empathy and collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Are not afraid of taking responsibility from day one.
- Are happy and able to live in Berlin, Germany (or nearby).
- Preferably have experience of Google Cloud Build, GitHub, and BitBucket.
We have a ton of GREAT BENEFITS!!
- A great TEAM-oriented culture.
- Open door management and a leadership team that listens and cares about your professional growth.
- Flexibility to work-from-home most days (generally 3 days a week).
- A competitive salary that will retain the top talents.
- Home-office allowance, company performance bonus, and volunteering programs.
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities, including weekly German classes.
- 25 days of paid vacation, which increases with every year of tenure .
- Relocation services in case you live outside Berlin.
- Fully subsidized BVG ticket (public transport monthly ticket)
Who are we?
Founded in 2008, TeamSupport is the leading B2B-focused Customer Support solution that brings all of your teams together to increase the enterprise value of your business by strengthening customer relationships. This results in reduced churn, consistent renewals, account expansion, and advocacy. Based in Dallas with offices in Boulder, CO, Berlin, Germany, and Cape Town, South Africa – TeamSupport is deeply committed to providing a unique, exceptional employee and client experience.
TeamSupport is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.