Software Engineer, Frontend
Our customers, such as Ferrero and Oculus, rely on Alloy for everything from daily tasks like managing regional sales to planning their product portfolios. To make this possible, engineers at Alloy work on modelling the supply chain, improving our sales forecasting algorithms, and building intuitive, beautiful applications for sales, marketing, planning, and supply chain professionals. The analytics application you’ll be working on is powerful and highly customizable, offering comprehensive dashboarding and what-if scenario analysis as well as tools for data management.
We are looking for frontend engineers to join us in Berlin. Our modern analytics application is built with Typescript and React. It’s a plus if you know these technologies, but at Alloy our priority is hiring smart, empathetic people, and we trust you to learn as you go along – just like we all are. Our engineering culture emphasizes code reviews, mentorship, and collaboration, while working reasonable hours – unlike many other startups of our size. We actively investigate new technologies for their potential to improve our product or development experience.
The technical problems you’ll be solving will be challenging and will involve so much more than building pretty layouts – the analytics frontend is complex, with many rewarding problems to solve. You’ll be working directly with our product managers and designers to develop a deep understanding of our customers, reviewing specs and finding solutions to ambiguous problems with the team. You’ll be helping others by building out pieces of our UI toolkit, and supporting others by reviewing code, and by sharing best practices. We are looking for self-starters and there is plenty of opportunity for both technical and people leadership in the role as well.
- You enjoy understanding customer business needs and translating them into specifications or code.
- You have experience building out web or mobile frontends and have a sharp eye for what looks and feels right.
- You’re excited about using a wide set of technologies, ultimately focused on finding the right tool for the job.
- You care deeply about best practices for code quality, automation, and testing.
- You value open and respectful communication.
- You have a genuine desire to help other engineers via mentorship, pairing, and code reviews.
- You have experience in or are excited about learning one or more of the following: TypeScript, React, Redux, CSS3.
As a plus, you:
- You have technical leadership experience, and are still hands-on.
- You have experience in recruiting and interviewing engineering candidates.
- You have experience with UI design.
What we offer:
- Base salary of 60 – 115k+ EUR
- an equity stake in the company
- work equipment of your choice
- professional development budget
- flexible working hours
- … and incredibly talented, driven and fun colleagues to work with!