Software Engineer – Frontend/Full-stack (React, node.js) // Seven Senders
We are Seven Senders. Our product revolutionizes cross-border e-commerce in Europe. We enable online shops to ship to customers abroad 30% cheaper and twice as fast. In order to accomplish this task, we are managing the physical flow of goods and organize all required logistics processes. Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
Our product and engineering departments are organised into several cross-functional teams centered around our key business areas. This ranges from delivering transport management, contracting, virtual carrier network and partner interaction solutions among others to frontend heavy SaaS products for e-commerce merchants and advanced analytics.
The Sendwise-Touchpoints team builds part of our SaaS Software Sendwise (see here for details) with a big focus on awesome UX & UI.
Our frontend stack includes React 16.8, Redux, CSS Modules, SASS, Babel, Webpack. On the backend we use node.js, mysql, (and still some php7.2, symfony 3.4 and doctrine).
As a software engineer in the team, you will implement new key features as well as maintain existing ones together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning.
You will have ample opportunity to grow with the team and its exciting products.
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Participate in technical designs
- Identify and implement solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership – also in production (you build it you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Learn continuously and raise your level
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
- Grow into a senior full-stack engineer with strong focus on frontend.
- Several years professional experience in frontend development with any modern framework
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Any backend programming experience (node.js, PHP, other)
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude
- Good english skills- both in writing as well as speaking (german not required)
- Familiar with React ecosystem
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Experience in CI and TDD
Why SEVEN SENDERS ?
- You will shape the platform to deliver millions of parcels across europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- In-house language courses for English and German
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas
- We are the fastest growing logistics startup in germany (see here)
Want to find more about us ? Check our magazine, techblog, career page, linkedin.