Software Engineer – React Native Focus (m/f/d
ToolTime is the digital home for craftsmen businesses. Our goal is to free craftsmen from cumbersome paperwork and last-century software. We have raised more than €25 million in capital from investors to improve the lives of craft businesses in the long term. ToolTime is the digital home for craftsmen businesses. Our goal is to free craftsmen from cumbersome paperwork and last-century software. We have raised more than €25 million in capital from investors to improve the lives of craft businesses in the long term.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f/d) that is curious, enthusiastic, and eager to learn. As a Software Engineer you will participate in the design and creation of scalable software. You will be part of an agile team, who is responsible for the full software development cycle from ideation to shipping to production. We understand that you have your comfort zone and it is completely fine, and we want to be sure that, when the time comes, you are proactively responding to calls from other spaces. We do create an environment where it’s possible to do it in a safe manner.
As majority of our users use the ToolTime’s mobile app in places with poor internet connectivity, our app needs to be ready for offline use case. For now, we managed quite well with AsyncStore, and we appreciate that there is much more we could do.
Once source of truth, and uni directional data flow is ensured with the use of repositories, and couple of other patterns. Our approach to layering code is a bit unconventional but helps us precisely change the code with no side effects. That reduces the scope fir testing and You know how tedious manual testing is.
Our technology stack is ReactNative, TypeScript, and we use GraphQL as a means of communicating with our backends, which are written in Java and Kotlin. Our infrastructure runs on AWS and we manage it with the help of Terraform. The area where we need to expand first, is everything that has to do with building features, mostly web and server side technologies.
What you will do
- Write clean, performant, and convention compliant code
- Ensure integrity of software solutions
- Continuously implement improvements through refinements and refactoring
- Evaluate new technologies, software services and components
- Develop and communicate design and architecture guidelines, principles and vision to drive adoption of core services, technologies and standards
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies
- Help ToolTime redesign and create a state of the art mobile app
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding of software engineering, you not only know how things work but can also articulate the pros and cons of every solution
- You know what you don’t know and you are not afraid to say so
- Proficient with React Native and TypeScript
- Familiar with Swift and Kotlin
- Experience with GraphQl
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts, good at solving complex technical problems.
- Experience using common design patterns. High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Experience creating, maintaining and shipping top-ranking mobile apps
What you can expect from us
- A modern office space as well as the ability to unplug from the office desk and work remotely from wherever you want
- A creative environment with a highly motivated team where everyone can have a direct impact on the product
- No waterfall – our entire product process is driven by customer insights, research and product metrics
- We value you as an individual and we are strong as a team – knowledge sharing and honest feedback is what we live
- A yearly learning and development budget and time for learning
- A culture that is based on our core values Curiosity, Positivity and Best Together
- Company benefits like 30 days vacation, fresh fruits, regular team events, ergonomic workstation, and many more