Software Engineer // SnapEngage
What You’ll Do
At SnapEngage, our live chat and customer engagement platform handles millions of requests each day. We rely on the deep technical knowledge of our engineering team to maintain and deliver solutions to the highest standard. As a Software Engineer at SnapEngage, you will work with an agile and passionate team to develop new, exciting features and scalable code.
- Design and develop new, innovative, scalable solutions and APIs; capable of receiving millions of requests per day.
- Build new features for our customer admin and agent dashboards.
- Extend our analytics and real time event streaming platform.
- Maintain and improve existing product functionality, including real time web services, using Java servlets and Jersey REST endpoints on Google App Engine.
- Maintain and develop new integrations with external Customer Relationship Management tools (CRMs) and Help Desks (REST, JSON, XML).
- Be a mentor to other engineers, participating in code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Occasionally take on Scrum Master responsibilities, such as running stand ups and participating in feature planning sessions.
- Research new technologies and methodologies and contribute ideas to improve our products, services, and workflow.
- Be a force for good and positively contribute to the culture.
- Take on other tasks as needed to support a strong, collaborative engineering team.
- 3+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- 2+ years’ experience developing large scale web applications.
- Appreciation for and the ability to write clean, efficient, and testable code.
- The ability to function and communicate effectively in an English speaking environment.
- A love for solving complex technical problems.
- A relentless positive attitude and a team mentality.
- You can read more about our stack here: https://stackshare.io/snapengage/snapengage
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with Google App Engine and Google Cloud Platform.
Why Work Here
- Two, optional work-from-home days for the entire team: Mondays and Fridays.
- Company participation towards your BVG ticket.
- Travel opportunities, including an yearly, international team retreat.
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities.
- Wellness, rewards, and give-back programs.
- Weekly, in-office German class.
- Regular team appreciation events for birthdays, anniversaries, and other things in between.
- Open book management and a leadership team that cares.
Who We Are
Born of the Techstars program in Boulder, CO, SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to providing a unique and exceptional employee and client experience. With offices in Boulder, Colorado and Berlin, Germany, and sporting employees from several different nations, we pride ourselves in being a diverse, transparent, and balanced workplace.
SnapEngage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.