Software Quality Engineer (m/f/x) // Rasa
Quality is an important part of our open source development practices and we are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to help us continuously improve our approaches.
Everyone who works on our software is responsible for ensuring quality. The role of a Software Quality Engineer is to make sure the tools and processes are in place to help everyone succeed in that.
As our first hire focusing on QA you will be key to improving coding standards and own the automation of our tests.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You are driven by an urge to make sure software runs properly. You want to help engineers spend their time moving a project forward instead of fixing issues in past releases
- You know how to write automation scripts to run e2e tests for front and backend of a microservice architecture.
- You want to drive quality improvements in an agile environment and collaborate with developers on how to develop robust software.
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment.
- Ability to tackle frontend testing challenges
- Experience in testing applications on different levels of the testing pyramid
- Experience in test automation using e.g. TravisCI
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Working hands-on, together with the other engineers within the team – to ensure continuous quality delivery of automated acceptance, API and performance tests
- Design and implement end-to-end tests
- Owning a thought-leadership influence regarding QA relevant topics within the team
- Review requirement specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to product managers, designers, and developers
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design and develop automation scripts
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- Your choice of snacks, fresh fruits + drinks at the office
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
At Rasa, we’re building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over 1.5 million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa’s machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.