Sr. Android Developer
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health insurance companies effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations.
Sharecare Berlin has been growing organically, from a collective of friends of friends to a dynamic, multi-skilled, international team of developers and engineers with a great passion for the latest technologies, AI systems, and professional but flexible IT solutions. We are ambitious, proactive, hands-on and result-oriented. For us it’s not just about technology, but also creativity and craft. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to have fun on the job, work hard, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Program mobile applications for Android version 5 and above
- Implement mobile client applications for Sharcare and partner companies
- Implement client application infrastructure and SDK components
- Create technical documentation of solutions when required
- Debug, profile ad optimize code
- Write unit tests
- Extreme programming with scrum methodologies
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs, such as Google and others
- Deployment to Google Play store
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience developing native Android apps
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience building Android applications (alone or in a team) that have been released on Google Play
- Strong familiarity with the Google Place store ad the app submission process
- Thorough knowledge of Kotlin, Java, Android SDK and Android NDK
- Excellent skills in Git
- Good knowledge in UI/UX patterns and Material Design components and approaches
- Experience in Client-server architecture and web paradigm
- Experience with the reactive functional programming paradigm RxJava
- Experience with Android Jetpack libraries and tools
- Knowledge of Android architecture approaches (Offline, Synchronization, MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture etc.)
- Testing experience: Unit testing (JUnit) and UI testing (Espresso)
- Knowledge of Server-side development, iOS development and dependency injection
What we offer:
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.
Apply directly here:
or send us your CV, references and earliest possible starting date, preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!