Sr DevOps Engineer
We are Latana, a cutting-edge consumer insights platform that helps organisations to make better marketing decisions. Latana enables its clients to accurately measure and track how people perceive their brand. We are working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Tier, Epic Games, Unilever and Greenpeace – and we’re just getting started! Our vision is to lead the development of a new generation of research technologies that enable us to better understand the needs, desires and preferences of people around the world.
About the Role
As a DevOps engineer at Latana, you will collaborate cross-functionally with fellow engineers and work with the most advanced technologies to ensure a smooth and continually improving infrastructure. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a pragmatic, commercially-minded environment and sees open feedback, agile decision-making, accountability and independent thinking as the foundation for exceptional (team)work.
If you are up for the challenge of designing and implementing a world class, big data architecture that supports one of the fastest growing data companies in the opinion research space, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Be accountable for Latana’s IT and cloud based architectures. Furthermore, ensure continual improvements to achieve maximum efficiency
- Manage SQL and NoSQL databases in a high availability environment
- Manage monitoring/alert tools, master to master MySQL replication, backup/recovery strategy, server down strategy, and user rights policy
- Manage web servers and related technologies like load balancing and auto-scaling
Your Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in building IT architectures and expertise in at least one scripting language
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration. Configuration management tools (Puppet preferred)
- Excellent experience with SQL, MySQL, NoSQL architectures
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Redis, Nginx, Jenkins, etc.
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services environment: EC2, RDS, EKS, S3, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience with high traffic web server architectures, and logs management (logrotate, ELK stack)
- Ability to write and understand highly technical documentation, with a natural skill to translate complicated technical concepts into documents
- Communicate easily in written and spoken English
What We Offer
- Work environment where you are given the freedom to develop to your full potential and become a trusted member of the team
- Opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product
- Continuous Learning Stipend to contribute to your ongoing education
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally
- Weekly Focus Day to facilitate independent work without interruption
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation and visa support
- Team outings on our company boats plus regular social events (both online and in-person)