Sr. Full Stack Engineer // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
Join our Team!
NBT product development team is an eclectic mix of expertise in design, software, firmware, and hardware. The cross-domain knowledge, the collaboration between the different departments and the professionalism in the development process can all but lead to delightful outcomes that the team can be proud of.
As a Sr. Full Stack (IoT Cloud) Engineer, you play a key role in ensuring that the nuts and bolts of the cloud infrastructure fit seamlessly to deliver the delightful experiences to the end-user that we as a team are aiming to achieve.
These will be your tasks
- Work closely and in a trusting relationship with our international development team and our CTO
- Build, document and manage microservices and storage systems for real-time, IoT data
- Build, document and manage the software backend for data-centric dashboards used by the ventures
- Integrate frontend codebases of ventures with the cloud infrastructure
- Participate in software architecture discussions and product-centered meetings with developers and founders from the ventures
- Collaborate closely with developers and founders from the ventures to translate architecture designs and product requirements to well-designed, functional codebases
- Collaborate with developers on software design reviews, peer code reviews and feedback sessions
- Collaborate with NBT’s engineering team on side-projects and hackathons to build functional, easily-deployable backends
- Contribute to developing a friendly and innovative engineering culture by sharing knowledge and best practices
You’re offering these qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience in software development
- Excellent foundational knowledge in OOP, functional programming and other relevant software paradigms
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of REST, RPC and other techniques for building APIs
- Knowledge of building and deploying software (CI/CD)
- Proven experience with cloud-native technologies (preferably Amazon’s AWS)
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL stores (e.g Postgresql, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc)
- Experience in test-automation frameworks and TDD practices
- Knowledge of Unix systems and programming with shell scripts
- Experience with Git as version control
- Familiarity with Scrum, Agile and similar project management methodologies
- Knowledge in security and performance of cloud applications
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Go and C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform, Packer, Ansible and similar deployment and provisioning tools
- Experience with big data technologies, stream processing (Spark, Kafka etc), machine-learning and related fields
We’re offering these benefits
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.