Sr. Software Engineer (m/f/d) // Gesundheitscloud
GesundheitsCloud is the independent, not-for-profit health data destination for citizens and research. With our platform, we want to change global health for the better and enable everyone everywhere to live a healthier life. Our ethical purpose is our daily motivation: we will change the world of health by providing digital solutions for better treatment outcomes as well as earlier detection and prevention of diseases.
We have offices in Berlin, Potsdam and Barcelona and cooperate with a partner in New York City.
Why you will love working with us
- A broad network of Digital Health Experts which enables you to meet the leading minds of the field
- A highly motivated team out of more than 20 countries which works with joy on the shared mission
- Space for your ideas and plenty of participation opportunities – The GesundheitsCloud develops through the contribution of all employees
- Besides a competitive salary (including ticket for local public transport and budget for your individual continuing education) we offer you flexible working hours and regular home office days
- A secure funding, enabling you long term prospects with us
- Most important: Cheerful colleagues who are very much looking forward to work with you
As our new colleague, you will
- Work in a cross functional team to build data pipelines and applications that will make an impact on current medical research
- Develop clean code with a focus on user-centric designs
- Be a pragmatic member of a goal oriented team, working together to find the best technical solution
- Work with our current technology stack which includes Scala, Python, reactjs, Play!, Akka, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Kibana, Prometheus, SAP Hana, Postgres, ElasticSearch etc.
Who we are looking for
- You have a solid grounding in software engineering and a devops mindset
- You understand that software is a tool we use to solve problems and are able to make pragmatic choices to meet company goals
- You are experienced in at least one programming language but eager to learn others
- You have at least 3 years experience building applications professionally
- You ideally have experience in monitoring and maintaining live microservice architectures
- Your experience with complex ETL systems and processing high volumes of data is a big plus
- Your extensive knowledge of functional programming is a plus point
- Your background in health tech or in active research will make you outstanding
Can’t wait to apply?
Well, what are you waiting for?
Send your full application, including CV, transcripts, motivation letter as well as an earliest starting date. We look forward to hearing from you!