Staff Backend Engineer, Backend Platform
Picsart is looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join its highly talented team. As a member of the backend core platform team, you will work on Picsart’s core backend mission-critical applications. This is a great opportunity for you to work on a large-scale distributed system deployed on more than 1000 servers in 4 data centres handling more than 50K requests per second. Our technology stack includes, but is not limited to:
- Java, Kotlin, Spring
- MongoDB, Kafka, Redis
- Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, Spark, ELK Stack and much more.
What you will do
- Build mission-critical applications that process ten thousand requests per second through a microservices architecture
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale application according to business needs and priorities
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure the high quality of the application.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of Experience with Java
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB is required
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with key-value databases such as Redis is a plus
- Experience with Spring framework is a plus
- Knowledge of design principles of high-performance scalable applications is required
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of non-relational databases.