System Administrator / DBA
Studio 3T has one mission: to build the finest NoSQL tools available. Over the last five years we have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and the NoSQL tooling market with over 400,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T and Robo 3T products. Our official office language is English, and we have teammates from over 20 nationalities.
About the job
We are rapidly expanding our team and are looking for an experienced System Administrator to join us. You will work together with all of our teams, creating and maintaining our production, testing, and internal systems and infrastructure. Your ideas will be sought, listened to and implemented.
You will be primarily involved with the creation, expansion and maintenance of these systems, which presents interesting and exciting opportunities given the complexity, variety, and sophistication of our infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Expanding, updating and maintaining our MongoDB and SQL-based test infrastructure
- Deployment and monitoring of our production and internal systems
- Expanding, updating and maintaining our multi-platform build infrastructure
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to our production, test, and internal systems and processes
- Suggesting and validating improvements to our products supporting systems deployment, administration, and performance
- Logging defect and improvement tickets and following up on their resolution
- Close collaboration with each of the teams in our company
- Setup and provisioning of staff computers and equipment
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office (though currently we are principally working from home, given the COVID situation).
First and foremost, you are a passionate, self-motivated System Administrator with a drive to continually improve our systems and infrastructure for the customers’ benefit. You want to create performant and reliable systems that help everyone work more effectively with 3T tools. In a startup, projects evolve and switch direction quickly, so we value passion, resilience, ideas and a pragmatic attitude over formal qualifications.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- At least 3 years of experience working as a System Administrator in a software organisation
- Experience of deploying and monitoring applications on Linux-based systems
- Experience of creating and maintaining database systems
- Experience of configuring and provisioning Windows, Mac and Linux-based computers
- Experience of updating and maintaining a CI build environment for Java-based projects, such as TeamCity or Jenkins, ideally on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms
- Fluent English communication skills, both speaking and writing
Extra credit for having any of the following:
- Familiarity with MongoDB, either with on-prem deployments or Atlas
- Familiarity with other NoSQL databases, such as Redis, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Familiarity with SQL databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Implemented, or have experience of, Kerberos or LDAP authentication
- AWS or other cloud platform experience
What we offer
- The chance to work on supporting our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working from home policy
- 30 days holiday allowance
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, inclusive
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, free German courses, and the occasional free pizza lunch. Being a start-up, we of course have a ping-pong table (and a CEO who’s hard to beat).
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us your covering letter and CV in English to:
We look forward to hearing from you.